Automatic (Sliding) Seat Belts dont..slide?

TealThunder

Yea. My driver side seat belt doesnt slide back and forth like it should. Any ideas on what it could be? :confused:

I'm still getting the kinks out of my SC...

i would spray wd 40 in the door latch thats where the switch is , if it makes a grinding noise the gear may be stripped it easiest to replace the gear than the whole trac

thats the problem though. It doesnt even move. Its "dead" Its stuck in the position all the way back. It doesnt even attempt to move..

Take your inside door panel off and look by the latch. There should be a small wire plugged into the latch. These tend to fall off when slamming the door. 3 of my cars had this problem. Other then that a dead motor?

if it isn't a fuse, it might be jammed up against the limit switch in the column (there is one at each end of the selt belt trac). There is an access panel in the rear seat, just as you enter the rear seat near the bottom of the seat. Behind it is a knobbed wheel that manually moves the seat belt.

If it won't move then something is binding (try jiggling the seat belt anchor in the trac). If it does move, then move it a little. It should try to move to the open position. If not, move it an inch or two and then turn the key on. It should try to move one direction or the other.
--Fred

Back