SC home porting help?!

green73

I have a spare 89-93 SC and plenums to tinker with. I am wondering if anyone local would have any experience with this, or is it even worth my time? Currently the car isn't running, but I am collecting parts for it. Since I can't just leave it stock, I wanna modify what is proven to work. As it stands now, I have a raised top, and double IC on the way, 3 spare heads to tinker with, most of the exhaust (high flow cats, resonator, and flowmasters). Thanks in Advance!

My brother does porting work. He has ported my lower intake manifolds, gasket matched the plenums, and manifolds

He also ported and polished Z's heads. I think he did a fantastic job. Ask Z about the head work. What would you want ported? If your interested, I can ask my brother what he'll do your stuff for.

Metalman

I was going to attempt to gasket match the plenums myself, but if someone has experience.... I bought spare heads to tinker with myself too, but again if someone has experience... I see in your sig line you ported the intake, Hmm...I have a spare intake too. Do you feel that porting the intake made any difference at all? See what he'll charge me for the port and polish on the heads please. Initially here I was just looking for guidance on opening up the inlet and outlet on the supercharger a bit, it needs resealing anyway. Thanks

Steven

Last edited:
..the blower needs resealing?How so?Unless you have experience with tearing down superchargers it's better to have it done professionally...Magnum Powers as well as a number of SCCOA members can do it for you,just ask around.....Anthony's [metalman] brother did a great job on my heads I'm very pleased with the result.
z

The snout seal is leaking. I figured since it needs partially disassembled for that I may as well make the best of it and squeeze what performance I can out of it. BTW I think I some how ended up with your old '89 Blue SC as my good shell for this venture. I have a 91 5-speed for the drivetrain.

Changing the snout seal is no biggie at all. You just need the right pulley puller. I took my supercharger apart, cleaned out oil area in snout, replaced snout seal, refilled it, and painted the snout red and the body black. I'll ask my brother about the head work today.

As far as the porting of my lower intake, we ported and polished the holes mating with the heads, and gasket matched and smooth out the casting inside of the air intake hole. I believe it opened up the breathablity of the car and helped reduce back pressure. It also helps to multiply the effects of other intake performance parts. (CAI, larger plenums, upgraded supercharger, sc pulley, ect.)

Z, tell me if I'm wrong. :eek:

Talk to you soon,

Anthony

....yep Anthony,you're right,anything that helps airflow is good.....

....if you picked up a blue 89 it probably was the one that Dartanian sold,his had "turbo" tags on the front fenders behind the wheel wells and a 5 spd.
z

Z, I think it was from the guy that got the messed up brake unit from that I had to rebuild to get working. Lived in the court off of Gen. Boothe Blvd. If I remember correctly, we was stripping the parts and selling the rolling chassis.

z90sc said:
..the blower needs resealing?How so?Unless you have experience with tearing down superchargers it's better to have it done professionally...Magnum Powers as well as a number of SCCOA members can do it for you,just ask around.....Anthony's [metalman] brother did a great job on my heads I'm very pleased with the result.
z

I'm a professional M112 tearer downer! :p I've taken tons of Lightning blowers apart and put them back together. I can have them ported too for $250. sho_taurus1111@msn.com Kevin

Back