AOD Shift Kit Technical Question

35thSC2

When I installed my B&M shift kit it came with two accumulator piston seals, one small and one large, and on the piston there are two each (4 total). It didn't specify in the instructions whether or not to remove all four and replace the two new seals or to leave one large and one small old seal and replace the two new ones. It just said "Remove Seals." Reason Im asking is because I left two old ones on knowing that with hydraulics more seals is better. Now... when I initially drove it home, the car shifted great. I was squakin 2nd and 3rd and then the next day I drove it, it seemed to degrade in speed of shifting and can't squack the tires anymore. Any ideas????

Last edited:
the seals u r talking about r 4 the 2-3 accumulator piston if your piston. the regular piston has one small sil on tob and the large seal on the bottom .. but if yours have 4 seals)2 small on the top and 2 large on the bottom thenu have the heavyduty 2-3 piston which is also a little taller of a piston also .. just leave the original seals on it and u should be fine.make sure the throttle cable is adjusted right and that the u have enuff line pressure which will give u a firm shift . another thing is make sure u fill the trans with type F fluid instead or dextron 3.. and adding 1quart of b&M trick shift also helps beef up the shift as well but wouldnt use trickshift alone because its 2 abrasive

Type F fluid will varnish up your transmission and torque converter. I'd suggest DexIII with a bottle of red lubeguard.

Back