Harmonic Balancer Question.....Need You to Look At An HB For Answer

edspringer

I replaced my HB on my 94 about 2 1/2 years ago (26,000 miles). My SC has the same problem now as when I replaced it. The previous one was replaced because when the motor was replaced the HB bolt was not tightened and enlarged the keyway from 3/16" to 1/2". Thus the LIMP mode. If anyone has there HB off of there 94 or 95 engine, would you please tell me the relationsahip of the keyway to the missing tooth on the timing sprocket. Example, looking at the front of the HB the key way is at the 7 o'clock position and the missing tooth is at the 3 o'clock position. I need to know the actual OEM relationship so I can verify my HB is still good. It does not wobble so I'm assuming the rubber strip is still good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ed Springer

90 Black XR7 5-speed: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, '94 Supercharger, 5% SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, UD Pulleys, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, 36 lbs Injectors, Headers, Magnaflow Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:27 Gears, Ripper Shifter, 73mm CL MAF (Blue Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants and Rear Spring Air Bags.

94 Red SC Auto: 70mm TB, Fresh Air Intake, Stock 90 SC Pulley, Raised SC Top, I/C Fan, 190 l/h Fuel Pump, Headers, Raven Muffler (no cats) with stock resonators, 3:73 Gears, Accel 36# injectors, 76mm CL MAF (Gold Tube), Magnacore Wires, NGK Iridium Plugs, Royal Purple Lubricants, TRANSGO Shift Kit, Pro-Torque 2500 Stall TC, Haydon Auxiliary Transmission Cooler, Tokico Struts & Shocks, American Racing 17” Sniper Wheels, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Tires and 235 RWHP with 315 LB-FT Torque.

Back