Couple questions from a new owner :)

needlessthing

I just recently bought my 89 SC and have a few questions that you guys might be able to help me out with.

question 1 - I have a base tube I would like to hook to the stock amp. I was wondering how I can do this seeing that base tube obvioulsy doesnt have the Stock connectors on it. and no i do not have the stock sub woofer either it was removed some time ago.

Question 2 - My friend sold me the car and had replace the gear ration in the car to 4.10. I understand that this has effected the speedometer and it isnt reading right. I was wondering if there was any way to fix this. I have read alittle bit about new gears for the speedometer and it seems that they dont make a gear with 24 teeth for my trans. I was just wondering if there was anything else I could do.

Question 3 - I have a very small pin hole in my radiator. Is there some over the counter sealant you guys recommend to fix this. I have checked the entire radiator and this is the only hole. I would have to have to replace the entire thing for one extremly tiny pin hole.

Question 4 - Big hole in my dash. Previous owner replace the head unit with a very nice CD player. but now I have a hole in my dash where the CD changer use to be. Anything you guys recommend that I can put there? It kinda looks ugly. I am sure some of you guys have done something with this space.

that is all i have for now. Thank you for any help you guys can give. just so you know I am no machanic but I am not dumb, just try not to go over my head...thank you once again.

Question 1 - ???? i dont know how to answer it. Hopefully someone does.

Question 2 - I would replace those 4.10 gears...I have read where most auto's are really good with the 3.73's and the manuals 3.27's. It does affect the speedo and I don't know if anyone make the 24 tooth thingy for 4.10's....

Question 3 - I am not recommending any type of sealant or blocker for the radiatior. I do not trust any thing that is meant to "plug" holes. I am saving for an aluminum radiator because I have multiple leaks in mine.

Question 4 - Where is this hole in the dash? Near the top was where the Tape player sat, near the bottom (by the shifter) was where the CD player sat. To my knowledge there was no such thing as a cd changer that was stock in these cars.

Hopefully i have helped you somewhat...

Stephen

You can find someone parting out SC interiors in the parts for sale forum...you should just buy a dash replacement piece...and I would lose the 4:10's too.... go to a 3:73 OR 3:55...replace the radiator you absolutlely do not want to chance overheating these cars...griffin makes a good one..

Question 1) Not sure
Question 2) I think Super coupe performance might have the odometer gears for the trans. that will make the odometer acurate using the 4:10 gear that you have now. But I too would suggest a little taller gear. I would probably go with a 3:55 gear. I know that if you go with the 3:73 or 3:55 rear gear you will be able to get the odometer gear so that yours is correct.
Phone number to super coupe performance is: 513-697-6501
Question 3) I have a radiator that is in good shape that will work for your car. Will sell for $20 plus shipping.
Question 4) If you check ebay there is coin/cup holders that go in the bottom opening (where the factory cd player is) I also have a factory cd player out of a 89 sc that I used to have will sell for $5 plus shipping (not sure if it works) Not sure if this is the spot you are talking about though.

If you want the rad. or factory cd player pm me or email me at sean_gabrielson@hotmail.com

P.S might have anything else you might be looking for.

Last edited:
Back