Theft!

Kyler

Well I was sitting down to a movie with some buddies last night, when I heard my car alarm go off, I peered out the window and saw some ****** walking away all casually from my Cougar, immediately we dashed out the door and yelled to him asking wtf he thought he was doing? He replied saying he didn't know what were talking about, once on the front lawn he dashed further down the street scared ****. Lets see, front light on, neighbors lights on, street light, blinking red dot on dash and obviously the four of us visible in the window. Can you spell moron? :mad:

Moral of the story, keepin my c02 pistol near and parking the cat in the garage regularely..

This is funny because my mom caught some indian sitting in her concorde the day before about 4 blocks away fiddling with the ignition. Maybe what they say is true about the "indian posse" coming from Winnipeg to recruit members, initiation is stealing cars... :(

CO2 pistol? why not get a real gun? this is a Super Coupe we are talking about, protect it with your life.

matteo said:
CO2 pistol? why not get a real gun? this is a Super Coupe we are talking about, protect it with your life.

No Super Coupe is worth your life!

These cars a dime a dozen be careful my friends brother was in drinking with his friends at his house herd the car alarm go off on his BMW he ran out to stop him the guy got out pulled a gun shot him in the chest and drove off. the cops nailed him 2hrs latter but my point dont ever put your life on the line for any car there replacable your not.

Too ba you aren't in Texas. The only thing is you have to make sure to kill them so they can't sue.

Jeff

Don't they have to be in your house for that to work?

I was always told 2 things.

1: If someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, make sure you kill them. Shoot them again if they aren't dead.

2: If your scared you'll get charged with murder, clean up the floor and drag them into the bedroom. Thats the most sacred place in your domicile.

J57ltr said:
Too ba you aren't in Texas. The only thing is you have to make sure to kill them so they can't sue.

Jeff
We've had a couple of cases like that here in Dallas.. In both cases, the grand jury declined to indict the owner(s) who shot them. :rolleyes: 2 rare cases of actual justice.

Jim Demmitt Jr said:
No Super Coupe is worth your life!

i was joking.

plus its only a cougar, those arent worth getting shot over. (and incase anyone was offended, that was a joke too)

To bad you didn't catch him at your car. You could of had some baseball bats in hand so you could practice your swing :D

BTW, a little off topic but that 35th in unclenick's signature looks really good.

Shane

Scott Long said:
Don't they have to be in your house for that to work?

I was always told 2 things.

1: If someone breaks into your house and you shoot them, make sure you kill them. Shoot them again if they aren't dead.

2: If your scared you'll get charged with murder, clean up the floor and drag them into the bedroom. Thats the most sacred place in your domicile.

In Texas the law states that you are allowed to use deadly force to protect yourself someone else or your property. It dosen't mean that you can't be sued by the persons family. You may win you may not. There have been several cases where car theives have been killed while trying to steal a car I can't think of any cases where the person was charged. In fact a few weeks ago some guy shot a theif in the head as he tried to drive away (with his car) in a stolen tow truck. The car was a ghetto Buick LeSabre. 1 other fled and were caught. The driver died. The owner of the car was not charged.

http://www.click2houston.com/video/4650408/detail.html

lmao guys, this is Canada, if i brought out my .22 and shot him I would have been in the news nation wide. If he comes back though........ ;)

Kyler said:
lmao guys, this is Canada, if i brought out my .22 and shot him I would have been in the news nation wide. If he comes back though........ ;)

What... only a .22??? Man thats a small gun. What you need is more like a 44 Magnum or a 50 caliber Desert Eagle.

Shane

Since the law isn't on your side up there in Canada I would steer clear unless you can shoot the guy in the butt. That's why I like Texas so much you don't have to put up with crap like you do in most other states.

I hope I never have to I live in a city that has a lot of home invasions. That's why if you are at my house you will see a 9mm carbine sitting within reach and a .357 Mag next to the bed.

Jeff

Blasted MN leaves it uncertain. Law says you have the right to use deadly force to protect yourself from someone that is in the act of creating a felony on your person or your property.

Yet past law suits have had judgements that question ones ability to use deadly force without first being faced with deadly force themselves. I.E. if the thief is running out of the front door with your TV in his arms, you are not allowed to shoot him in the back. Regardless of if he/she lives or dies. If someone whacks you over the head with a baseball bat, you are not entitled to use deadly force unless you "feel" that the person that whacked you over the head intended or intends to kill you. Otherwise you're required to either hit them with a baseball bat, or run away and call for police assistance.

And on top of this, there is a law that requires you to aid someone that is being victimized if you see the the illegal act occuring.

Personally, I'd let them take the car or items, then track down who it was, and make their life a living hell for the remainder of their life.

Nothing like a cold dish of revenge to set the scales of justice back in order.

I remember one case in Texas made national news . I think it was like 7 years ago. A repo man was shot driving away with some guys new truck the owner shot the repo man while he was driving away. The owner was charged but vindicated because there was no way of him knowing it was just a repo man.

darriantbird said:
I remember one case in Texas made national news . I think it was like 7 years ago. A repo man was shot driving away with some guys new truck the owner shot the repo man while he was driving away. The owner was charged but vindicated because there was no way of him knowing it was just a repo man.

That was here in Houston as well. I think it ended up that the man's family sued the guy that shot him but I don't remember what the outcome was.

Mike the referance to a baseball bat is classified as a deadly weapon. Most people don't realize how easily someone can be killed by a blow to the head. All that really needs to be said is "I was in fear of my life".

This reminds me of South Park. When Ned and Uncle Stan take the boy's on the hunting trip.

"It's coming right for us"

"BLAM!!!!"

I'd be scared to fire a desert eagle, thats a **** hand cannon. I saw a .50 cal rifle knock a guy off the picnic bench he was sitting on when he fired it. Imagine that force in a hand gun. Damn.

Scott that .50 in a Rifle is different than a Pistol the Rifle round you are probably refering to is the 50 BMG and the pistol round that the Desert eagle shoots is the 50 Action express.

Not sure on cost on the 50 BMG but the 50 AE is about $2 a round

That;s why I like to shoot my .22 and really freak people out shooting on the 100 yard range with a 5.5" .22. You wouldn't believe how many people ask if it will even hit the target. I just usually say "take a look for yourself" Plus at about $10 a brick (500 rounds) for match ammo I can shoot all day.

At the range I go to I see a guy come by from time to time that has the Desert Eagle in .50. I have shot it a few times and it does hurt. Not a defensive weapon IMO. Plus I haven't seen (personally) a Desert eagle that doesn't jam.

Comparing the 2 fifty's is like a .22 mag VS a .44 mag. :D

But yes, "It's coming right for us!!"

Last edited:
Kyler said:
hahaha, thats funny. i didnt even know they had .22s in canada. shoot, i didnt even know people stole cars in canada, i figured everyone just walked around being real polite to each other.

I still remember the case where a woman's ex came after her with a gun-this was also in Dallas-about 1983-he pulled up and started firing at her from his car, while she was standing next to her car. Another man in the lot saw what was happening, grabbed his 45 from under the seat and approached the shooter. As he did so, he noticed the man bend down, like he was reloading the pistol, all the while the shooter was watching him. As soon as the shooter straightened up in the seat the bystander fired 7 rounds through the car door. The Dallas police found the guy about half a mile away-dead from his wounds. They arrested the bystander and charged him with murder-the woman he saved turned against him, and the only thing that saved his bacon was the 5 other witnesses. :eek:

Back