smoked and bitten

Eric Bryan

I have been on a quest to restore my 89 SC I got for spare change years ago. That restoration has taken a HUGE bite out of my wallet. I brought her out of a coma about 4 months ago and I have done the following: OEM tie rods and upper control arms, tires, wheels, Ebay door panels, VMM, cam sensor, Prior remanufactured ABS, completely new AC system with today's crap, clear corner lights not yet installed, wrong Eibach springs, and a dealership rape at the beginning. Funny thing is I had to find a dealership that would even touch her. Tommie Vaughn Ford refused!!! At the same time my 2000 Monte Carlo SS decided to take a crap. Jealous? That is in the shop now for a cracked fly wheel. I always figured I could use the SS for work and to and from work the SC. I am a salesman in a huge city so I drive 30k miles a year. I have been driving the SC more. The paint and body are left to do. I have already paid for an Alpine, 6 disk changer and a Viper with remote start to be installed 10am Saturday. Maybe $7k so far? Until today I had never given too much thought to HP improvements. Cruising on Beltway 8 today a Nissan 350Z and a Dodge SRT4 blew by me. I have been itching to go WOT. I did. The Nissan dropped away. Not sure why. I caught up to the Dodge at the light and was curious. We start and he leaves me in his dust! On the on ramp to I-45 we ended up side by side and I continued to go WOT. Looked down at the speedo and it was pegged with the Check Guage light bright. And he was still in front increasing the gap. We agreed to pull over a couple miles down the road. Stock turbo four banger! Wow! Hence my bitten in the title. The HP pursuit begins. This is going to hurt.

Last edited:
Back