PDA

View Full Version : About Manifold inlet on 94 SC:O)!!

XxSlowpokexX
07-17-2002, 04:18 AM
Ok I ordered the Magnum powers SC inlet.....I hav ethe raised top..Already posted something on lower manifold..What about thelower manifold inlet....WHAT HAS ANYONE DONE TO THIS!!!..erformance wise..Porting..Extrude honing ect:O)..Thanks guys!..Yah Im on a misson to do 14's!!

Bill Evanoff
07-17-2002, 11:32 AM
I've often wondered why Ford designed the lower inlet to be approx. the same size as the rear opening of the '89 to '93 superchargers.

Other than slightly porting this opening little can be done to substantially improve this particular spot. Remember that the air is already compressed at this point in the engine, hence you can fit alot more oxygen (and air) into the same amount of space. That is why the designers finally opened up the rear entry on the newer '94/95 blowers because the air is not compressed (or compacted) at this point quite yet.

Coy Miller and others have done some substantial rework of the inlet plenums but I believe on any motor of less than 400 HP the stock inlet works fairly well. Sure, it can be improved upon but the benefits are marginal.

tbirdsc357
07-17-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm no expert but with those mods i think you should have no problems getting into the 14.xx sec range.

curse
07-17-2002, 04:03 PM
i agree with the mods you have now 14s should be no problem unless you are miles above sea level