Apexi SAFC2 ??

Dominance9

I searched and only found one post on it....but has anyone used a apexi safc or safc 2 on their supercoupe?

I had one on my saturn and they work great. Im asking cause im wondering if I should keep it or not for the SC. I have a PLX WB02 I could tune from as well.

Opinions? Ideas? Experince?

My Opinions..

I have no Idea what the following are

apexi
safc 2
PLX WB02

are these code names for something?..

Dominance9 said:
I searched and only found one post on it....but has anyone used a apexi safc or safc 2 on their supercoupe?

I had one on my saturn and they work great. Im asking cause im wondering if I should keep it or not for the SC. I have a PLX WB02 I could tune from as well.

Opinions? Ideas? Experince?

XR7 said:
My Opinions..

I have no Idea what the following are

apexi
safc 2
PLX WB02

are these code names for something?..

LOL. Well the apexi safc2 is a piggyback fuel computer, easy to hook up, easy to tune, better at removing gas rather than adding at WOT (but my only experince with them is on GM's, the SC may be 100% diffrent)

THe PLX WBo2 is a wide band oxygen sensor, which will tell you how lean or rich your air/fuel mix is very fast and accuratley.

hope that helped

oh and "speedfreak" do you know of anyone that has tried it? All I will need is the wiring harness diagram to hook it up, I dont see why it wouldnt work.

The safc2 just takes you MAF signal and lies to the computer to lean or richen the fuel mixture. Its been awhile since i tuned a SC but i belive only the 94-95 SC use load to look up tables. If you mess with the MAF signal you screw up your load tables. This can cause problems since your ignition and fuel tables will now be all wrong. Either way i never really likes the Super AFC it seemed to have very limited tuning ability and it just lies to the computer and usally causes more problems then it fixes. Get a EEC Tuner, or SC tuner if you want to adjust things the correct way.

I have an SAFC-2 on my 92 N/A Stealth, and I don't know if it gained any power, but I went from getting around 22 MPG to between 28-30 MPG. So it might not be adding fuel, but it's helping my car to run with a lot less fuel. With these gas prices I think it will pay for its self.

Well if I get this one SC I am going to try it anyways. I have the wide band to warn me of any problems, plus the safc2 has a knock sensor input so I can keep track of dangerous conditions there too. Sounds like no one has really tried it and I have had very good experience with it.

Thanks for the input though

Back