Can't get the pistons back in my rear calipers

fastsc92

I can not get the pistons to go back into my rear calipers. I have had the tool and I've done this job before, but at least the pass side does not want to budge.....what gives?

I had the same problem. I ended up buying new calipers, but my old ones had life-time warranty so I got free replacements. good luck

Try this...

Open the bleeder valve to relieve the fluid pressure and see if that helps any. If you have one of those bleeder kits with the cup and tube it would kepp the fluid from squirting out all over the place. Just be sure to close the valve as soon as the piston is compressed to keep air out of the system....

What's happening, tool slipping? Is it the cube, or is it the flat plate? You really need the flat plate tool as the cube just isn't quite right.

Otherwise there is corrosion in the caliper and it's froze. Best bet is to either rebuild the caliper or replace it with a reman.

I got it to screw back in. I have done this in the past, but it took a lot of muscle to get it to move this time around. All is well, just didn't know the problem before. And yes I was well aware that they screwed in.

Yeah, reading this one made me say, "I went through the same thing !". Then I saw that the individual caliper was the problem, not that you didn't know how to get it back in. I hate rear calipers! But, I hate drums more!

I'm not a weakling, but it took me a LOT of effort to screw my rear calipers in with the cube. It slipped about a hundred times.

The rear caliper is packed with Dielectric grease behind the piston. If the grease leaks out and or water gets behind the piston then the screw which the piston screws into rusts. Rebuilding the caliper or swapping it out for a reman replacement is the fix. I rebuilt both of mine last year.

Rich

Back