Leaking exhaust???

pepito6SC

I put Kooks headers in my car w/custom down tubes from supercouperformance.com. I have a 92 SC with manual trans. The issue that I am having is that the passenger side of the exhaust sounds like it has a leak. When all the windows are closed I can hear it kind of sputtering (for lack of a better word). When I open the window, it seems OK. I checked all of the bolts and they are tight. The noise is more noticeable when going into gear and the car is between 1k and 2.5k under load. Any ideas??

I also have a leak on the passenger side at the manifold/downtube connection. In my case I had the shop put on the largest possible downtubes with the stock manifolds. They are 2.25". The problem is that the flange for the new downtube just barely mates with the manifold flange and it's hard to keep the gasket sealed there. It has started leaking two times since I had the new downtubes put in. I'm going back to the shop in a few days to "fix it again". I don't know why the left side has not leaked like the right side does.

Back