Moonroof Removal???

tbone

Okay, I scored new weatherstrip from Webasto; the tech there said to slide glass back 2-3 inches and release 3 plastic clips to remove glass. Well, I slid the glass back, looked inside and out, but I do not see any clips. I do see 2 metal guide / adjustment rails that are held in by 6 screws when I slide the glass back. My question is this:

Do I remove these 2 rails to remove the glass for weatherstrip replacement? If so, what do I look for / do to release (and reconnect) the glass to the mechanism that moves the glass?

Thanks for your help.

Tom

To remove the glass you will need to run the moonroof all the way forward until it is at full tilt. There are 3 Phillips head screws on each side of the frame that must be removed and then the glass and frame can be lifted out. Install is the reverse.

When I changed my weather strip I also ordered the two lifter arms, $9 and change each. What a difference those two arms made! No more rattles and moonroof moves nice and smooth. I got the rubber seal from Webasto and it seals just fine. No more rain or air leaks. Easy cheap fix one of the few on this car.

Lifter Arms

Tcian said:
When I changed my weather strip I also ordered the two lifter arms, $9 and change each. What a difference those two arms made! No more rattles and moonroof moves nice and smooth. I got the rubber seal from Webasto and it seals just fine. No more rain or air leaks. Easy cheap fix one of the few on this car.

Hi; Was wondering if you can tell me where to get those lifter arms.

Thanks,

Tom

tbone said:
Hi; Was wondering if you can tell me where to get those lifter arms.

Thanks,

Tom
Webasto order desk number: 1-800-860-7866
Replacement lifter arms:
S1289-W-3000A Right side
S1289-W-3001A Left side

fixes all rattles and gives it a nice smooth operation. Pretty easy to install since you will have the glass out already.

Todd

Great thread guys. I need to be changing my seal and moonroof lifter arms.

This is what I pay my $15 a year for!

Thanks again.

Back