Seat problem

91_SC_BIRD

I have this problem with my passenger seat (it's been this way for a few months, never bothered to fix it). The seat will not go all the way up when pulling the lever on the side and has a lot of resistance when you try to bring it down (when pulling the lever). Also the right side of the seat is ahead more then the left side of the seat (when you sit it the seat, you feel the that the back is crooked). If I recall what made this happen, I think the seat was down, and i pulled the lever to bring it back up (with no one in the seat) and it just snapped back up.

Any ideas on how to fix this, i took the seat out of the car, just looking for some bent stuff. Any ideas what's causing this.

Thanks

91_SC_BIRD said:
I have this problem with my passenger seat (it's been this way for a few months, never bothered to fix it). The seat will not go all the way up when pulling the lever on the side and has a lot of resistance when you try to bring it down (when pulling the lever). Also the right side of the seat is ahead more then the left side of the seat (when you sit it the seat, you feel the that the back is crooked). If I recall what made this happen, I think the seat was down, and i pulled the lever to bring it back up (with no one in the seat) and it just snapped back up.

Any ideas on how to fix this, i took the seat out of the car, just looking for some bent stuff. Any ideas what's causing this.

Thanks
make sure there arent any coins stuck in the hinge thats what happened with mine.

ricardoa1 said:
make sure there arent any coins stuck in the hinge thats what happened with mine.

I'll double check that, if I take off the two bolts on the side, will that spring come out flying??

ricardoa1 said:

After taking a good look, you are right my friend, there is a quarter stuck between one of the gears and the side of the hinge. How did you take it out, I tried pushing against it with a screw driver, but had no luck.

91_SC_BIRD said:
After taking a good look, you are right my friend, there is a quarter stuck between one of the gears and the side of the hinge. How did you take it out, I tried pushing against it with a screw driver, but had no luck.

I dont remember, but I did take it out with a prying tool of some sort.
I dont know what else to suggest since I cant see where the quarter is on yours

Back