Wire Harness Rewrap

rickbtbird

Hi,
I'm in the middle of a major clean up of my engine and chasing down a problem (but that's a whole other thread) and I was wondering if anybody has attempted to unwrap the wire harnesses and rewrap with new material. Mine are 15 years old and quite brittle and cracked in some areas. I'd like to hear from some experts here who have done with good success. What materials you used ect.. I’d like to make mine very pliable and resilient.

Thanks in advance...

Pretty much all of the wiring harnesses that I do on my MN12's are done with new wire loom and 3M electrical tape (can't remember what number I use right now). If your wire loom isn't in horrible shape, you could probably reuse it. I use new wire loom because I'm usually making the wiring harnesses. Here are a couple that I've done.

-Rod

Attachments

• 05270008.JPG
    05270008.JPG
    167.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 07040005.JPG
    07040005.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 128
Rewrap

rickbtbird said:
Hi,
I'm in the middle of a major clean up of my engine and chasing down a problem (but that's a whole other thread) and I was wondering if anybody has attempted to unwrap the wire harnesses and rewrap with new material. Mine are 15 years old and quite brittle and cracked in some areas. I'd like to hear from some experts here who have done with good success. What materials you used ect.. I’d like to make mine very pliable and resilient.

Thanks in advance...
Just completed mine with red loom and tape. Purchased new loom from a Trick cable . Good prices..Job was fairly easy and just a little time consuming. Engine was out so I had plenty of room to work..DJ

Back