Oil Cooler Hose?

jamhow

I am 100 miles from my 92 SC right now and want to try to pick up parts on my way home and need some advice. According to my son who has looked at the car and the diagrams at the dealership, I need Ford part #6N866 which is a hose running from the water pump to a location near the oil filter. It has a section of steel pipe crimped into the middle of it. Ford told me this morning that the part is discontinued, no one has one and they have no diminsions for it. Do any of you know what I need to make a replacement for this hose and pipe?

I can't recall what part this is, but if this hose is similar to the coolant lines that have a metal hose with two rubber (molded) hoses on either end that run around the motor. I would suggest cutting the rubber ends off with a die grinder, air wizard etc. I cut a notch to remove the metal strap holding the rubber hose onto the metal hose, then carefully cut the rubber away until I could remove it from the metal hose. Be careful not to notch the metal hose. Then I took the original rubber hose (if it has some weird bends to it) up to a parts store, went to their hose section looked at all the hoses and tried to find an elbow or similar bent hose there that I could "make" work. Ford wanted 90$ for each of the hoses I wanted to replace (2), and I wasn't about to give them that. I think I paid maybe 7-23 dollars per hose and it worked perfect. Put the hose back on then use a nice stainless steel hoseclamp to hold it in place. Be sure to inspect the metal hose, mine were clean and clear even ran a pipe cleaner through it to make sure no rust deposits were inside. There was another hose that had a metal section inbetween two rubber hoses, I just elimiated the metal hose and made sure it wouldn't crimp. Works so far!

Back