how to remove fuse box in a 92 sc

wigglesrewind

hey guys i need to remove my fuse box to replace one of the fuse recepticles and from what i can tell there are 2 boths that hold it in? are there any tricks or hidden screws to remove this thing. wanna do this quick and painless because its hot as hell out.

It's been a while, but as I remember it, yes, there is just those bolts. Just be carefull when you pull it down and make sure to unplug the wiring harnesses. You don't want to have to be searching thru them looking for th eone wire you pulled out!!

btw - if you have one bad recepticle, you have more. Once one gets loose it seems to effect the main board underneath also. That's what happened to me. If you can run with it the way it is for now, I suggest you find a replacement and just bolt it in. Even takes less time.

I found a replacement in a junk yard for $20 bucks I think it was, and you will save that much in replacement fuses from the old box anyway.

ira

Perhaps a help note: that whole huge wire mass is held up there mostly by two black cable ties. If you cut them, you can move that mess around and then put it all back without much trouble.

Back