Crosstalk Brass Fitting

68COUGAR

Has anybody replaced the brass crosstalk "T" fitting with a brass elbow fitting?

Here's the reason I ask: I have a MP Inlet Plenum, which does not have the crosstalk fitting. I don't like the look of the OEM "T" fitting capped off on the crosstalk nipple. So I thought I'd replace it with an elbow fitting. After getting the fitting off, I was surprized by what I found. The fitting is not a "T" in the traditional sense. There is a machined restriction in the fitting to the crosstalk nipple. That's not a problem, since I'm not using the crosstalk nipple anyway. Also there does not "appear" to be a connection between the other nipple, and the return plenum side of the fitting. I know that there IS a connection, because I can blow air through it. There is some sort of restriction on the non-crosstalk nipple also, because it takes more effort to blow through it, than if it was a traditional fitting.

So, for those who HAVE replaced the fitting with an elbow, does the UN-restricted vac/boost through the elbow, affect whatever is hooked to it?

68COUGAR

ya, a lot of people either block off the tube or replace it with an elbow I suppose.

I was running it like that for about a year. The vac stuff on the AR is a little different now, but I still don't have anything connecting the two.

go for it.

alright, I reread your post. It shouldn't matter, hell it will probably make your brakes etc work better.

I'm sure I would have done it when I had an mp inlet as well, but I don't remember for sure.

I no longer have the crosstalk tube. Taking it off didnt affect anything, all it did was make the engine bay look that much more cleaner.

OK Thanks Guys!

I'm back from the big Oshkosh air show now. Thanks for all your inputs. I'm gonna go ahead & switch out the brass fitting. If anything "weird" happens, I'll let ya know!

68COUGAR

Back