PDA

View Full Version : Crosstalk Brass Fitting

68COUGAR
07-22-2005, 01:30 PM
Has anybody replaced the brass crosstalk "T" fitting with a brass elbow fitting?

Here's the reason I ask: I have a MP Inlet Plenum, which does not have the crosstalk fitting. I don't like the look of the OEM "T" fitting capped off on the crosstalk nipple. So I thought I'd replace it with an elbow fitting. After getting the fitting off, I was surprized by what I found. The fitting is not a "T" in the traditional sense. There is a machined restriction in the fitting to the crosstalk nipple. That's not a problem, since I'm not using the crosstalk nipple anyway. Also there does not "appear" to be a connection between the other nipple, and the return plenum side of the fitting. I know that there IS a connection, because I can blow air through it. There is some sort of restriction on the non-crosstalk nipple also, because it takes more effort to blow through it, than if it was a traditional fitting.

So, for those who HAVE replaced the fitting with an elbow, does the UN-restricted vac/boost through the elbow, affect whatever is hooked to it?

68COUGAR

68COUGAR
07-24-2005, 10:43 PM
T t T.................................

68COUGAR
07-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Somebody must have replaced the "T" with an elbow!

68COUGAR

T-bird4vr
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
ya, a lot of people either block off the tube or replace it with an elbow I suppose.

I was running it like that for about a year. The vac stuff on the AR is a little different now, but I still don't have anything connecting the two.

go for it.

T-bird4vr
07-27-2005, 11:37 AM
alright, I reread your post. It shouldn't matter, hell it will probably make your brakes etc work better.

I'm sure I would have done it when I had an mp inlet as well, but I don't remember for sure.

super red91
07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
I no longer have the crosstalk tube. Taking it off didnt affect anything, all it did was make the engine bay look that much more cleaner.

68COUGAR
07-30-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm back from the big Oshkosh air show now. Thanks for all your inputs. I'm gonna go ahead & switch out the brass fitting. If anything "weird" happens, I'll let ya know!

68COUGAR