What mods with these?

moore89

Ok, there is supposed to be an event called The Buick vs. Ford shootout here in Oklahoma in October, and I want to attend. So far the car is prety stock except for a custom dual to single to dual exhaust and a cheapo intake (and new headgaskets 3200 mi. ago). It is a 35th anny auto with trac-lok 3.27 gears. I am thinking about upgrading the intake to something like the ZR Motorsports one or the SC Performance 3.5 tube. Repalcing the old injectors with new factory 30 lbers, adding a 5%OD pulley, 190 lph fuel pump and a ZEX 75hp dry nitrous kit. Are there any mods that I should concider along with these. After these items Imight have about $300 to play with, however I wanted to have it dynoed and the A/F ratio checked and I think that might be about $100 (don't want it running lean on the bottle now do I). I am aming for mid 14's at sea level does that sound reasonable? Oh yah I may also be running a set of E/T streets 26x10x15 at the track.

Last edited:
With the nitrous you'd be in the 13's. Even on a stock SC. I'd say probably 13.7-13.8 maybe 13.6 with the slicks. Got a shift kit?

I didn't put a shift kit in but the previous owners son might have. They replaced the tranny 9000 miles ago and said it has heavier duty components in it (I get second gear scratch when at WOT) and a tranny cooler. I just didn't want to open up the tranny if I don't have to, to check. And 13's would make me really happy.

Last edited:
Back