Don't you just love it when.......

Sweet90SC

Some flat head calls these cars turbocharged.....I mean I know it's been discussed here a hundred times but it happened to me again today in the wallyworld parking lot. I see this guy in a really sad 94 SC and go to ask him about it. :rolleyes: ....sheesh....He starts going on about the H.P. it makes (325 at the wheels you know :rolleyes: )...now mind you he doesn't know I own one I was in the truck..... anyways... he starts in with how he just loves the whine of the TURBO when it kicks in... :eek:...does someone have a puke icon I can borrow. No offense I get asked about mine frequently when I'm out and about in her thats part of the fun of owning one. and I can ....er...elaborate with the best of them..:D :cool: ...but come on! you make yourself look like an idiot when you say TURBOCHARGED not that I'm against turbocharging either but what do they think the "SC" stands for.....and another thing if your gonna tint the windows replace the crap when it bubbles so bad you look like a rolling aquarium...sorry I just had to vent it gets really old sometimes... :mad:...I did politley give him the web address though...so maybe we can educate him.. ;)...............................325 HP ... :rolleyes: with stock exhaust...OMFG! ....Oh by the way...you should have heard the bearings rattle in his...turbocharger when he started it up.... :D :D :D :D

I've gotten that more than a few times at shows. Last year my raised letters on the upper IC tube and blower top were painted black. So in big black letters you see SUPERCHARGED. Most of the guys who screw it up are trying to show off with their girlfriend when they know nothing about cars. Aparently my alternator is a turbo and my blower is the fuel pump. :confused: Bugged me at first but now I just chuckle.

I have had this happen to me on a few occations. First time this guy either pointed at my intake tube or the upper IC tube and said that it was the supercharger and the other guy tried to tell me my car did not come from the factory with the supercharger.

On a totally unrelated subject, I had some guy try to tell me my 35th was not a real 35th since it has those funny corner lamps in the bumpers. So then when I told him the VIN on the dash matches the build tag on the core support and all the body pannels he would not hear anything of it.

Shane

My auto teacher referred to the supercharger on the car as a "turbobooster" as in, I think it's the turbobooster thats giving you that trouble." He would even do it when he was looking at the blower and on the tube its clearly marked. And this man teachs auto shop.
Phil

Sweet90SC said:
Oh...and no offense intended there Dirtybird... ;)
Hehe! No offence taken here man! I share your pain, believe me!

I am currently working on who to hire to install my twin turbo on my "00 Mustang GT. I am also going nuts deciding between gear ratios and that sort of thing. Turbos are pretty cool, but some turds need to realize what "SC" means.:mad:

i had this old guy at autozone say to me when i told him i had a Super coupe when asking for Diff Fluid, he goes oh thats the TurboCharged I'm like No... thats the Supercharged... hes like yea. he tone sound like he was thinking oh yea well same thing... :confused:

LOL. I think the TurboCoupe was the worst thing that ever happend to these cars (I mean that in a nice way, I like TC's).

If that bugs you try being at a 1/4 mile race track an pull off a 12.0 or something and have someone walk up and ask if its a 351 V8 when the hood is up. I used to tell them they better count spark plug wires. Anyway, I feel your pain.

Chris

Wzenheimer said:
If that bugs you try being at a 1/4 mile race track an pull off a 12.0 or something and have someone walk up and ask if its a 351 V8 when the hood is up. I used to tell them they better count spark plug wires. Anyway, I feel your pain.

Chris

I was at a light the other day and a minivan was next to me. He honks to get my attention and asks what I put in that thing. I said "supercharged V6 stock". His bewildered look says it all when next he says "with a 5 speed?!". All I had for him was a "yeah *shrug*".

I learned long ago that blown Cats were so rare that we're all aftermarket installs now I guess, hehe.

In Finland almost every auto stores which sells used cars call SC's turbo cars!:eek:

Sometimes I have sent email and said them to fix it to supercharged...but they have no idea what is supercharger!:D

Maybe I have to go there and let they show me where that turbo is underhood...;)

Turbo/Supercharger

HEHE! Now I don't know about what was said earlier about Supercharging being superior. Turbocharging actually will generate more torque/horsepower. (will a little lag). Personally I believe the 3.8's would have been much more popular if they had been turbocharged.:cool:
Frank

ha I got one... I took my 90 to a shop to get inspected.. I had reallly bad sparkplugs, so when it went under boost it would shutter real bad... so when i go to pick it up the big fat mecghanic goes MANNNN I THINKS YOU NEED TO GET YOUR TURBO SERVICEDDDD
i said YEA ?! I'll have to take it right in to get it looked at , thank you for the heads up!

hah...

Back