Finally new paint job done

kenewagner

I started this paint job last winter. The panels ahead of the rear wheels were both totally ate out and I welded in new metal. Removed all the side moulding on the doors. I just finished tinting the windows and buffing out the paint. I thought I would post a few pictures. The paint has lots of metal flake and really sparkles in the sun. Now I have only about 80 or 90 more projects on this car and I will be done LOL

Attachments

• SC Side View.JPG
    SC Side View.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 240
  • SC.jpg
    SC.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 305
  • SC Rear View.JPG
    SC Rear View.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 244
Damn that looks good! I really like your exhaust tips too. Good to see your Bird survive its battle with car cancer.

My 95 Bird Project

Hey All: this is my brid project....... looking for comment's and suggestion's future plans are cosmic orange paint, black stripe's, tinted window's,cobra R hood and chrome cobra R wheel's motor mod's are 4.6 dohc 03 S/C motor and 5speed think it will rock let me know what all of you think also thinking of suicideing the door's thank's clancyswheels03@sbcglobal.net :cool:

Attachments

• small bird.jpg
    small bird.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 125
I am happy to have it done. Now when I drive down the street heads turn. The tips i made from scratch and had chromed. I wouldnt do them again as they were a lot harder and time consumming than I thought they would be. I like the moulding removed as it looks cleaner. Im not sure what 94 95 side molding consist of. The SC emblem on the rear was bought on E bay. It is from an early 60s porche, a 265 I beleive. I wanted something diffrent. I almost put it on the front of the hood but have decided to buy a new thunderbird emblem and reinstall that. Now its back under the hood for the stainless steel radiator hose and some new alum pullys.

Its just a small moulding that helps add something to the big doors. IMO, it looks better than the '89-93 mouldings.

schall6.jpg

Looks good Ken! Glad to see you got it done. I know you've been working on it quite awhile. We missed you tonight. We will probably have our next meet in Omaha, so no excuses :D

Thomas

Thomas A said:
Looks good Ken! Glad to see you got it done. I know you've been working on it quite awhile. We missed you tonight. We will probably have our next meet in Omaha, so no excuses :D

Thomas

I was going to make it Sunday, even had the car waxed and ready to go, but the heat got to me Saturday and Sunday I was down and out. I wont miss the next meet to be sure.
Ken

kenewagner said:
I was going to make it Sunday, even had the car waxed and ready to go, but the heat got to me Saturday and Sunday I was down and out. I wont miss the next meet to be sure.
Ken

Dont' feel bad for missing it, Ken. I pretty much didn't make it either. For more info on that, see my thread in this forum.

Paint looks great. Next time I'm in Omaha, I'm going to have to make a trip over to see it.

Thats a nice paint job Ken and 92bird sweet looking SC's... I need 9 painted maybe 10 now. No most of them are still looking good, but 5 could use a paint job. If I rent a car hauler can you get me some discount on quantity :D :rolleyes: I don't know the New or the old look??? Maybe do a 50 / 50 I better learn to paint. I used to paint years ago. I mean years ago!

Take care Ken!
I have been thinking quite a bit!!!
about using a shop to paint them or do it
with a friend. HMMM I could start practising
on some of the part cars...

Victor..........

victor malvar said:
Thats a nice paint job Ken and 92bird sweet looking SC's... I need 9 painted maybe 10 now. No most of them are still looking good, but 5 could use a paint job. If I rent a car hauler can you get me some discount on quantity :D :rolleyes: I don't know the New or the old look??? Maybe do a 50 / 50 I better learn to paint. I used to paint years ago. I mean years ago!

Take care Ken!
I have been thinking quite a bit!!!
about using a shop to paint them or do it
with a friend. HMMM I could start practising
on some of the part cars...

Victor..........

I found the painting to be the least enjoyable project on the car. Even though I did not actually shot the paint. I remember hours and hours sanding and doing body work. And my painter always pointing out all the areas that needed more prep work. I thought I would never get done. The only high point was my paint job did not cost me much. I paid my painter 400.00 to paint the car and he did some finishing prep work prior to painting that I apprantly didnt get done to his satisfaction. I will stick to fabrication from now on where I do my best.

Ken

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN... I WOULD RATHER CHOP Logs than sand anything!

I use to have to grind tanks of chemicals with a huge grinder and a life line...

For a dollar an hour. I think I lost my lust for sanding!!!

Good going on that Paint Job $400.00 Awesome...

Call me when you are ready.
Regards!
Victor.........

victor malvar said:
I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN... I WOULD RATHER CHOP Logs than sand anything!

I use to have to grind tanks of chemicals with a huge grinder and a life line...

For a dollar an hour. I think I lost my lust for sanding!!!

Good going on that Paint Job $400.00 Awesome...

Call me when you are ready.
Regards!
Victor.........

I think you have me plenty busy right now, so I wont worry about painting anymore.

Hi Ken If everything goes as I wish it could you would not ever have to paint again...Talk soon.

I have been thinking quite a bit...It doable depending on you...
I spoke with Diane and she was cool.

Back