Factory Alarm

tjbird

Ok guys here's another one for you ;) : I have a 92 SC and i am prety shure that it came with a factory alarm since i have seen the siren under the hood, my question is what can i do to reactivate it? :confused: , a friend of mine who owns a 93 SC told me to just go to the dealer and ask for a new remote and do a procedure (ignition on and press some buttons or something like that) to re activate it. I have noticed that when i close the door with the engine on the doors will lock automaticaly givin me the impression that maybe it is still functional. Also is it dificult to reactivate the factory alarm or should i buy an aftermarket one?, As always your help would be greatly apreciated. Thanks :)

That is an aftermarket alarm. It was made by Code Alarm and was a "dealer" installed. I say "dealer" because I worked for an audio shop and we Installed all the alarms for the GM and Ford dealers in our area. They would send the car down with the alarm in a box on the front seat. All you need is the keypad (FOB) and then to program it to the alarm. It's been more than 10 years and I don't remember the procedure but it comes up quite a lot on this board. The doors locking may be from the keyless entry (the keypad above the door handle) module and not the alarm. My Taurus does the same thing and does not have an alarm.

thanks J57ltr, do yo know if they still sell the keypad at the dealer? thanks in advance ;)

I remember the Code alarm model number was the same as a 1000SX and the dealer wanted about$70 for a new one. At this time they probably don't have them but you can check. I think we sold them for less than $35.00.

Jeff

I just replaced mine for my 92 b/c the old one quit. Its a two button univeral transmitter Part # E9AZ-19A261-F from ford. I think it was about 60-70 bucks. Came with the instructions needed to program it. You will have to find your alarm control (brain) to determine the right intructions to follow. Mine used set up (d). Also, do you have your old remote? You may try replacing the old battery in it first.

thanks guys for all the info, I do not have the keypad because the guy who sold it to me didnt have it, but ill try with the part # you gave me, also is there an aftermarket keypad that may be compatible? again thanks for all your help :)

Back