Battery Relocation Question

Brandon

I'm in the process of relocating my battery to the trunk. Is there anything wrong with routing the cable inside the car instead of underneath? For me it would just be easier inside but I wasn't sure if there were any negative aspects of doing it that way or not?

Brandon said:
I'm in the process of relocating my battery to the trunk. Is there anything wrong with routing the cable inside the car instead of underneath? For me it would just be easier inside but I wasn't sure if there were any negative aspects of doing it that way or not?

Right or wrong that is what I did. I routed them along the passenger side of the car next to the existing wire tray.
Mike Tuck

Super XR7 said:
Right or wrong that is what I did. I routed them along the passenger side of the car next to the existing wire tray.
Mike Tuck

Thanks for your input. It just seems like it would be much easier than underneath the car.

I routed mine inside the car as well. There is a hole with a grommet on the lower left floorboard on the driver's side. That is where I ran my wire. There is a wire bundle that runs alongside the drivers side all the way to the back seat. I tied it with that bundle. I used 1 guage aircraft wire. It's good stuff.

Dont remember what guage I used but it was pretty thick, It was welding wire used for welders. Got it from Granger.

2/0 gauge here, baby. :D But I chose to run my wire underneath the car.

Remember that if you don't used a sealed battery box in the trunk, you'll need to build a rear firewall to be NHRA legal. Not to mention that either way, you'll need a kill switch to be NHRA legal.

-Rod

racecougar said:
2/0 gauge here, baby. :D But I chose to run my wire underneath the car.

Remember that if you don't used a sealed battery box in the trunk, you'll need to build a rear firewall to be NHRA legal. Not to mention that either way, you'll need a kill switch to be NHRA legal.

-Rod

I have a sealed battery box, a Flaming River kill switch, a firewall, not to mention the fuel cell that's going in.

Back