Popping through the exhaust

Stocker

Well I finally got around to swapping the blowers and putting new plugs (platinum Motorcrafts) and wires (factory replacement Motorcrafts) on the 'Bird (what a nightmare). Now that I've expected it to run better, I'm hearing a popping in the exhaust. Sort of sounds like a burnt valve, but it's not. The car runs 100%, no problems whatsoever. I'm not sure what the popping is. It's very quiet, you have to listen closely to hear it. It's also inconsistent, you can't count on it to pop every so often...just whenever it wants to. I'm sure the popping was there before the work I did, just didn't pay any attention to it. Any ideas? The car is all stock, including exhaust.

Since I've replaced the head gaskets, my car has been doing the exact same thing. After checking and replacing a couple of my vacuum lines I've got rid of most of the popping but its still there.

You might want to check all your vacuum lines just in case you knocked 1 off.

Frit

Pretty sure all of them are hooked up. It got looked over REAL good after the work as I had a bad miss...turned out to be a cracked spark plug, oops. I'll give it a look over again tomorrow and make sure I haven't missed anything.

Back