hesitation/slight bucking under light acceleration, idle problems

wigglesrewind

hey guys just in the week or so my bird has started acting up. upon startup and at idle it chugs really bad, the idle drops to about 400 and kinda chugs back and forth from 200-400 until i hit the pedal a little bit and give it some gas. ive also noticed that at light acceleration i hesitates and bucks very slightly, i checked my wires (visual inpection without removal) and didnt see much, the ring gear on my top IC tube that attaches to the SC top was loose so i tightened that down. what else should i look at? how would i know if my dis is going out? once in a while the car is seems hard to start, sometimes it will just click and not try and turn over and sometimes it sits and cranks for about 5 seconds and needs some pedal to start, i equated this with a starter problem but maybe its fuel or ignition? any help would be appreciated.

-josh-

Sounds like a small vacuum leak. Spray the IC tubes and other parts if the intake system (after Throttle Body) with carb cleaner with the motor running to find it. Start with that connection on the upper tube you found loose.

David

Back