red line tranny fluid

matt's sc

can anyone tell me how much tranny fluid a 93 SC takes, it has a manual tranny, plus i was thinking about putting red line in it, what are your opinions on that kind of oil

thanks

The manual trans only takes 3.15 quarts and fortunately comes with a separate drain and fill plug. It's best to get one of those clear fill hoses that attaches to the quart bottle, so you can get it to gravity fill. Redline makes excellent trans fluids, but they are expensive at about $8 qt. I've used their MTL + synthetic friction mod. in my '93 5 speed for years (210,000m) and been very happy with the shifting, etc. However I believe they now recommend using their D4 synthetic auto trans fluid in the 5 speed. Alternatively you can save some money by using Mobil 1 synthetic trans fluid or even their 75w synthetic gear oil + a friction mod (say 4 ozs).

From completely empty it will hold 12 quarts. That includes draining the converter. 3 quarts is enough if you only drop the pan, when you take the filter off change that to about 4.5. There is about a quart trapped on top the valvebody. So if you drain the pan,remove the filter and drain the converter start with about 11 quarts unless you remove the vb as well.
Alan

Dirtyd0g said:
From completely empty it will hold 12 quarts. That includes draining the converter. 3 quarts is enough if you only drop the pan, when you take the filter off change that to about 4.5. There is about a quart trapped on top the valvebody. So if you drain the pan,remove the filter and drain the converter start with about 11 quarts unless you remove the vb as well.
Alan

Uuuummmm, he kinda has a manual tranny :eek:

Frit

Back