Might have found my next car

scbird1

Yeah right, but I didnt know about these new Dodge Chargers. I have heard they have a hemi version out. Ok 5.7 350 hp well not to much new here but I found out the stats of the new SRT8 :eek: Its a 6.1 hemi v8 that has 425hp @6000 :eek: 420 lb-ft 4,800 :eek: thats more HP per CI then the 426 of old put out. Looks like it dose the 1/4 in a high 13 though but it tops out at 165 MPH. 0-60 in a low 5 second. Im not shure I like the looks of it but its rear wheel drive. I can`t find a price for the SRT8 charger but you know I gotta go test drive one with my white nuckled wife. Hope the salesmen didn`t just eat :D Sounds like they run out of gears to quick but should be fun from some stop lights. You just gotta wonder what hold them back in the 1/4?
Maybe the high profile of the body?

Who published a high 13 second 1/4 mile time for them? I've seen several places that have tested them and ran low 13's with I believe around 108-109mph traps. With magazine times like that, I wouldn't doubt if someone has ran a high 12 second pass bone stock(or with some stickier tires) by now.

The Srt-8 Charger (and Magnum) Will Be In The Upper 30's O Lower 40's Depending On Trim Level. I Work At A Dodge Dealer, And My Bosses Mildly Modded Magnum (magnum = Heavier Than The Charger) Ran A 13.8. Pretty Snappy Cars For 4000 Lb+.......but It Still Isnt A Charger, And It Still Isnt A Ford.

Dodge Charger R/T - $35,625
350hp, 390 lb-ft
4314lbs
5 speed manu-matic
0-60 - 6.1 sec
0-100 - 14.6 sec

Ford Mustang GT - $27,825
300hp, 320 lb-ft
3515lbs
5 speed manual
0-60 - 5.6 sec
0-100 - 13.7 sec

Pontiac GTO - $33,690
400hp, 400 lb-ft
3702lbs
6 speed manual
0-60 - 5.1 sec
0-100 - 11.8 sec

I'm not sure why anyone would go for the Charger, unless you REALLY need 4 doors. Or really like pug noses. It is the most expensive, the slowest, the heaviest, the only one with no manual trans....

I am sure the SRT 8 will be quicker, but also even more expensive...

Man, those cars rock. I absolutely loved the magnum when it came out. When i found out the Charger was coming out, i thought...screw the Magnum. I rather have a sedan....but the more time passes, im returning to the magnum. My vote goes to the srt-8 magnum....(ooo, in red or grey....mmm mmm)

I would love either of these cars!

310.jpg

chrysler_300C_SRT-8_1.jpg

yeah those cars are burnt out around here.. they are ugly to tell you the truth... if i were you i would save up the money for a 2007 SHELBY COBRA... oh yeah..... 5.4 DOHC 32 VALVE V8 SUPERCHARGED!

I like the 300C because its luxurious and elegant like a Mercedes, it competes with the AMG cars, and it costs less.

I like the Charger SRT-8 because it looks wicked in black. Body color grille, no chrome trim, and a nice ram air cowl hood! SICK!

Ever since the Mercedes and Chrysler merger the quality and performance of the cars is through the roof. They used to be real pieces of **** during the 80's and early 90's but they finally got it right.

Back