Newbie XR7

BWS

Kida long story..........4 years ago bought my oldest son a '91 Mustang Gt for his 16th BD.He took decent care of it and its now been passed to his younger bro(twins)for his 16th.A cpl. weeks ago the twins and I are cruisin through a back rd. on our way to work and spot this XR7 for sale.Its been sitting there for a few months but the place its parked didn't make it real visible,plus not a whole lot of traffic sees this rd.So we stop to get the poop on the thing.Turns out to be a cherry 90 XR7 5-speed.The people have been trying to sell it and had many folks looking at it.The problem apparently was that all the folks looking at it couldn't drive a stick and weren't all that bright about SC's and go-fast stuff in general.So me and the boys are wondering whats wrong with the POS,figuring surely its pukin oil,blown head gaskets,toasted tranny,ect.But the lady said it runs fine.We did a pretty extensive visual and went for a spirited romp in it,returning with no apparent problems?It does have a minor oops in the windshield and some non-working window motors,but that really is the only problems we've found.because these folks haven't been able to sell it for transmission(auto vs stick)reasons they were obviously distressed..............to relieve them of their burden my son offered 800$ for the car and they took it.Best part is that the thing is exactly the same color as the other twins GT.So now they're sportin some pretty cool rides.

Will do a bunch of reading a wrenchin............great site,BW

nice! These XR7's are usually hard to come by, and the average joe doesn't even know what lies within them. I picked up my 90 for a good price too, 97k on it, black on black 5 speed... Only thing wrong was the shifter (fixed) and drivers side window comes out of the track... Definetly a nice sleeper...

jordansypek said:
nice! These XR7's are usually hard to come by, and the average joe doesn't even know what lies within them. I picked up my 90 for a good price too, 97k on it, black on black 5 speed... Only thing wrong was the shifter (fixed) and drivers side window comes out of the track... Definetly a nice sleeper...

Cool deal Jordan........yeah,drivers glass jumpin track here as well.We're workin on that tonight.We want to put in an aftermarket shifter also,feeling its one of the best bang for buck mods on any car.If none are availible,we're sitting on a pretty well equip. machine shop so will either modify stock unit or mill out sumthin from scratch.We like keeping cars basically stock,only making mods that make wrenchin easier,improves efficiency(power and fuel econ.),reversable if car has any collector interest.Been thinkin about throwin some shorter gears in the XR though,we need a touch more drive comin off turns here in the mnts.Gotta go work on searchin this site.Best of luck with yours,BW

Back