boost/vacuum line broke how do i fix?

GREATWHITE666

hey everyone, my vacuum line has worn a little hole in it right where it runs by the brake fluid reservoir. i bought a 3/16" metal connector from home depot thinking i could just cut out the one inch of line that has the hole then plug the 2 ends into the connector. the boost line is 3/16" also but just wouldnt squeeze in there. Anyone know if you can buy a rubber one like the one that connects the line to the back of the plenum? i hate not having a my boost gauge work, please help me out thanks!
Damon

GREATWHITE666 said:
hey everyone, my vacuum line has worn a little hole in it right where it runs by the brake fluid reservoir. i bought a 3/16" metal connector from home depot thinking i could just cut out the one inch of line that has the hole then plug the 2 ends into the connector. the boost line is 3/16" also but just wouldnt squeeze in there. Anyone know if you can buy a rubber one like the one that connects the line to the back of the plenum? i hate not having a my boost gauge work, please help me out thanks!
Damon

Damon,

Just go to the auto parts store and get a short piece (about 3") of vacuum hose of the same or slightly smaller size. Put the cut ends into the hose as far as they will go and secure them with a couple of small zip ties. I made a similar repair to mine a couple years ago, and it's been working fine.

David

Back