View Full Version : DIS compound

07-26-2005, 10:57 PM
What compound goes under DIS module to help keep it cool, And where to get it Thx Bud

07-26-2005, 11:09 PM
It's called heatsink compund. You should be able to purchase it at any computer/electronics store. It is the same stuff that goes on the heatsink for a computer cpu. Artic silver is one of the best. Buy it online here (http://www.subzeropcs.com/artic_silver5.html)


07-27-2005, 12:03 AM
You can even find it at Rat shack.


Joisey Jim
07-27-2005, 11:34 AM
Yes , it's only a couple of bucks for a small tube at Radio Shack. Clean off the back of the module and seating plate with alcohol (or brake cleaner) and then put down a series of small dots of compound about an 1/8" apart to form a grid across the whole plate. Then mount the module and make sure all the screws are secure.