Anyone have a PT cruiser?

wisupercoupe

Well the Mrs. has decided that she wants a PT. The oldest decided to wreck the 03' neon we bought new. So we test drove an 05' last night. Seemed to be an o.k. car. Anyone have any problems or anything with there's? I wanted the turbo'ed one. Test drove one of them and damn that little bugger moved along nicely. Too bad the insurance would kill us now with the other car getting wrecked.

wisupercoupe said:
Well the Mrs. has decided that she wants a PT. The oldest decided to wreck the 03' neon we bought new. So we test drove an 05' last night. Seemed to be an o.k. car. Anyone have any problems or anything with there's? I wanted the turbo'ed one. Test drove one of them and damn that little bugger moved along nicely. Too bad the insurance would kill us now with the other car getting wrecked.

That's funny, because the PT Cruiser and the Neon are both built on the same platform with the same powertrains. You are basicly getting another Neon, but uglier. ;)

I own a pt and its great no problems ,
and the only thing ugly is franks face everytime he thinks of his ugly sc sitting in the new mexico sun with its torn dash and fadded seats.

and franks ugly face when his turbo catches fire first week he has it .

ugly as frank oh wait its just a car sorry frank you ugly mutha $%%&&

I love my pt more than my sc.Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!! bite franks leg grrrrrrr!

unclenick said:
They have A/C and Automatic transmission problems. Yes, it is a neon in disguise. :D
my ac works great and the turbos have a better trans than the n/a

they are on the mini van platform not the neon, mine gets 29 mpg has a 5 spd stick, and turns a respectable 16;02 its n/a no turbo here.

it will walk my sc out of the hole.

now of the negative responders here who actually owns one I do.

or is it the same old ill knock it but I have no first hand experience with one thing.

mine is great I belong to the
http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/cgi-local/dforum/gforum.cgi?do=forum_veiw&forum=14&

My dad has a NA PT Snoozer as a company car that he hates. Cant believe he traded his boss his Taurus station wagon (stud mechine) for the PT snoozer.

Shane

mannysc said:
my ac works great and the turbos have a better trans than the n/a

they are on the mini van platform not the neon, mine gets 29 mpg has a 5 spd stick, and turns a respectable 16;02 its n/a no turbo here.

it will walk my sc out of the hole.

now of the negative responders here who actually owns one I do.

or is it the same old ill knock it but I have no first hand experience with one thing.

mine is great I belong to the
http://www.ptcruiserclub.org/cgi-local/dforum/gforum.cgi?do=forum_veiw&forum=14&

OK well, I run a very busy Goodyear and this year alone have replaced 5 PT cruiser auto transmissions and have replaced 4 evap cores this summer alone. I have been doing this for over 15 years. I am not saying they are a bad car but these repairs can be costly to the average joe.

It has been a common problem for Chrysler/Dodge evap cores to rot and leak freon. It may not be important to you where you live but here in Florida when it gets 100 degrees with 100% humitdy, it does matter.

Oh yea lets not forget the leaking HG problem, yes they leak too!

The 5 speed turbo PT's are a blast to drive, no tranny problems and can be modded to near as fast as an SRT4 Neon. I would own a turbo one, but not a N/A PT.

Just my $.02 cents worth.

Don't believe me...read up on PT reviews:

PT CRUISER REVIEWS

Last edited:
Ok I think Unclenick pissed the farthest on this one.....My sister has a PT and the HG went bad and the A/C leaked down in 14 months... :p ...It's a neat looking thing but she has had heaps of problems with it...Just my .02 not trying to get bit by Manny.. :D

you guys suck eggs !!

Im gonna put my sc engine in the pt and eat your shorts!!!!!!!!!lol

damn! must be a eastern thing all the so calif pts kick butt.

mine gets 29 ,pg and goes up the cajon pass here in so calif at 85-90 mph

with air on,

it has 150 hp and a stick itsa a 2003 n/a 5 spd . always runs great .

maybe Im just lucky or this stuff that was wrong was only on early pts.

My aunt has the 4th PT cruiser Turbo with the auto tranny built and its an all round good car 35,000 miles been wrecked twice lol and its still a great car, i recently barrowed it to drive back and forth to work and i loved it till i blew a tire. Never had any problems outta the AC or tranny. Just beware when you buy tires, those little bastards are expensive the cheapest one i found was 150.00.

I really don’t like the PT Cruisers but there is a turbo PT running in the 13's at our track. Not bad for a Grocery Getter.

TurboPS said:
I really don’t like the PT Cruisers but there is a turbo PT running in the 13's at our track. Not bad for a Grocery Getter.

Ya I hate when semingly slow normal cars can be fast.....hey wait a minute :p

Well we got the PT on Friday. Ended up getting the employee discount and a free set of chrome rims and new tires. The new rims are 16" as the old ones were 15". Then on the way out the car dealer was having some special sale going on. On top of the ceiling there's about 50 balloons. The salesman says hey pick one and we'll see what you have. The balloons range from $100 to $2000. Well low and behold I pull the $2000 one. The owner of the dealership was standing right there also. I thought he was going to **** himself. It was the first time the $2000 balloon has ever been popped. Goods for me. Heck I used it for my downpayment and dropped $42 off each payment. It also lowered my intrest rate to 6.9!

great hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.
great for the price good power good room most stuff fits in back,

look cool I just did my windows in blue fade to dark blue tint

Attachments

• IM001511.JPG
    IM001511.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have the new vanilla color with tinted windows and chrome wheels off of a limited. The interior is the standard black cloth though. Bought it with 4 miles on it and the Mrs. and I put 2 of those in it.

Back