Not a SC but...

yikes.gif

*insert "nice headlights" joke here*

seriously thought I love those cars wish i had one. some day hopefully i will

Hey Dave

Keep us updated on your progress. Are you able to make it out when we come down to St. Thomas in a few weeks? Maybe someone could pass by and pick you up, if you want to come out for the day.

Let us know ...

Suicide door ragtop Lincoln, very cool !!!! :D

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
Hey Dave
Maybe someone could pass by and pick you up, if you want to come out for the day.
Ed N.

If you want to come out Dave, Steph and I could give you a lift. Let me know.

Love to go out to St Thomas ..when you guys head out there ...for sure ..help keep the dream alive ....as to it being my car ...no ..buddy Jays another X member ... but ..still has his 90 XR7 stored ...and after bying my first 89 XR7 ... I seen his and stopped by his house and asked about his car ...and been freinds ever since.. that was like 1998..and he told me about this club and web site ...the car it's self has been a real pain ..from Texas and being 40 years old ..anything that is rubber has dryed out and cracked or turned to plastic...but no real rust ...just alittle around the trunk where the weather stripping has rodded out ..but not bad ...just it has sat to long ...12 grand for the car and about another 6 grand in air ride ,rims and tires ..new top [but like the ratty old top on it ..gives it charactor] new pump for the top ..rubber seal went and burned the motor out..hydrolic solenoide..burned out for same reason ...front seal on motor same thing ..which the power steering pump seals to ..being crank driven ..so it leaked oil bad ...then rear seal went in powersteering pump ....and all that fluid ...went straight into the crank case/oil pan ...what a stuipd design that was ...but what was neat.. is the wipers run of the powersteering pump and being an eaton pump ... it was used on 1 ton fork lifts ...so changing a couple of springs in the pump .... it is capable of 5,000 lbs of pressure [I may have an idea for that ] so alot of money ...that would of gone else where in the car ..has gone to repair and beer ... but she still has her moments ...turns heads ...people line up to take there picture with it ...and when you throw sparks for two blocks draggin the front end ...there jaws just drop ...neways ..we will be taking up to.. North of the border...and Scrap by the lake ....I highly recomend Scrap by the lake ..be my 3rd year there and is a great show ...once you get by all the cops ....dave

Back