Really bad idle

chadder1313

Ok afetr instaling the Dr. Fred cam and pretty much rebuilding the motor ive had alot of problems with it idling. It really got bad once i installed a 70mm TB and a 80mm MKV111 maf. It will idle ok for a while and then it will start to go up and down and almost cut off. Also the car is burning really rich. Can i adjust this problem at the TB? Im wondering if it can be leaking or will i just need to get it tuned.

chadder1313 said:
I know but too expensive.

Then I'd recommend going back to a stock MAF or at least a C&L MAF with the right sampling tube for your injector size, and I'd do it soon before you damage your motor by running too lean or rich.

Frit

chadder1313 said:
Ok afetr instaling the Dr. Fred cam and pretty much rebuilding the motor ive had alot of problems with it idling. It really got bad once i installed a 70mm TB and a 80mm MKV111 maf. It will idle ok for a while and then it will start to go up and down and almost cut off. Also the car is burning really rich. Can i adjust this problem at the TB? Im wondering if it can be leaking or will i just need to get it tuned.

Pull the Mark VIII electronics out of the MAF and install your stock MAF electronics in it and see how the car runs.

Rich

Back