How Do I remove the radiator???

Phil04

So I was 15 minutes into my 2 hr trip to go sell my car and pick up another car when I have white steam pouring from my engine. Pull over to the side of the road, lift the hood, and there is coolant all over the place. Searching for where it was coming from, I found a huge crack , about 10 in long and opened about an inch in the top of my radiator. So now I am going to take the intercooler out of my other sc and stick it in this one and go get it sold, but I am having a tough time getting the radiator out. Can someone please give me a step by step, or point me to another post on the topic with instructions? Thanks.

Remove the upper and lower hoses plus overflow hose.
Remove the fan. There are 2 bolts on th shroud if I remember right. After that it just lifts up. out of the clips.
The radiator is held in with 2 clamps. There is a single bolt on each side holding the clamp onto the radiator support.
After the clamps are unbolted you just need to lift the rad up and out.

There are also 2 bolts on the front of the intercooler that hold the bellows to the intercooler. The bottom is held in by clips. Disconnect the transmission lines (if auto). Pull up and done.
--Fred

Back