PDA

View Full Version : A new extra gear?

fturner
07-29-2005, 07:22 AM
Ok guys, I've noticed in the last couple of days an "extra" gear kicking in (it sure feels like it) if I'm accelerating hard from a stop (but it doesn't happen all the time). It kicks in about half way through first before going to 2nd, which shifts with no issues. The transmission itself feels solid through all the gears so I don't think its the problem.

I'm leaning to maybe the clutches in the tracloc are slipping if thats what it does when they start to go?

Any thoughts?

Frit

90XR7Cougar5spd
07-29-2005, 05:52 PM
Ok guys, I've noticed in the last couple of days an "extra" gear kicking in (it sure feels like it) if I'm accelerating hard from a stop (but it doesn't happen all the time). It kicks in about half way through first before going to 2nd, which shifts with no issues. The transmission itself feels solid through all the gears so I don't think its the problem.

I'm leaning to maybe the clutches in the tracloc are slipping if thats what it does when they start to go?

Any thoughts?

Frit

Dont know if this is it just throwing something out there, maybe your torque converter is locking in early, just an idea.

Derek

LightEMup
07-29-2005, 07:55 PM
sounds like your ossilating foo-foo valve is going bad.........

....What? I know what i'm talking about ;)

ThunderDave
07-29-2005, 08:08 PM
sounds like your ossilating foo-foo valve is going bad.........

....What? I know what i'm talking about ;)

And there's only one way to combat that situaution and that's become a foo fighter. :p

LightEMup
07-29-2005, 11:56 PM
And there's only one way to combat that situaution and that's become a foo fighter. :p
I GOTTAAA NOTHER CONFESSSIONNN TO MAAAAAKE!!!!!!!

fturner
07-30-2005, 09:16 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

And here I thought my car had grown another gear................

I knew these things have gremlins...... you need to be a foo fighter to ward them off??????????????

'90 SC For Sale NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

....... seriously though, I get a small dip in RPM's and you for sure feel it. The transmission fluid is good and no leaks etc. When driving normally everything is normal. I tried it again this morning and it seems to only happen as I straighten out from taking a corner.

Frit

90XR7Cougar5spd
07-30-2005, 03:56 PM
My truck was/is doing that still cept it wont happen till you get above 50mph, then the torque coverter lock and unlocks alot it gets pretty anoying i took it to the guy i had rebuild the tranny and he told me to fix it i need to get rid of my spark knock, make the motor run cooler. I got all of these fixed and the damn thing is still doing it, now i cant get ahold of the guy. i dont see how these things can cause it. He hooked up a scanner to my truck and thats how we found out the converter was locking and unlocking. Take it to a tranny shop, most of them around here do free diagnosis on trannys......

Derek