idle vacuum

shakeman888

What should the idle vacuum be on a 95 super coupe at idle and cruising speeds? I am also getting 13-14 pounds of boost at high rpm, around 10 at when driving normally. is this right. Thanks for the help.

Depends upon whether a 5 speed or Auto. At idle in neutral my '93 5 speed would hold a respectable 20" of mercury (most tech manuals will say 18-22 is good); but in park my '94 auto will only hold about 15" and rise to about 17-18" in neutral. 13-14 psi of boost at WOT would apper to be ok (depending upon what mods you may have); however cruising under light throttle should be back on the vacuum side.

same ehre 22-24

but im at sea level.

btw anyone with a stage 1 coy miller cam?
i want to know what kind of vacum you get.

my car has a normal brakes swap and im worried if im going to get enough vacuum

Thanks for the help, I am only getting 15 for vacuum at idle with ac on and 17 with ac off. It is a 95 5sp. boost is around ten when accelerating smoothly and 14 when it is wide open. What would cause me to have only 15 pounds at idle? Maybe an air leak? if so where is the best place to start looking. By the way motor has 161,000 miles on it. just changed plugs and they looked good. Thanks

Back