back again to ask another noob question.lol

derickatm

sup guys?

I have a quick question about doing an m90 swap on my 98 v6 mustang.

I've been told that swapping only the top end can be a pain and that is best to go with a full motor swap.

The people I know who have done the top end and accessorie swap have spent more on the swap than a full engine would have cost. I'm really not interested in swapping everything under the hood and think i may have a simpler solution.

I decided to ask this question over here b/c you guys know a lot more about the m90 setup.

My idea is to simply extended the blower pulley. The lower intake will bolt up to my heads and the the sc/etc. will bolt onto that. I hear that the problem one runs into is that the belt won't line up blower pulley.

If i came up with a way to extend the pulley out from the blower, to line it up with my crank and accessories, what complications could i run into?

swap the whole thing.

the lower end in the Sc is a lot stronger than in the mustang.

and its also cheaper and easier to swap the whole thing.

also by extendig the coupler you could stress the nose of the blower and cause some problmes with the couplers.

The bottom end of the sc 3.8 is stonger than the n/a 3.8. You can make the top half swap, but there's no telling how long the bottom end will last before it lets go.

turbospeed said:
also by extendig the coupler you could stress the nose of the blower and cause some problmes with the couplers.

thats my main concern.

don't suppose you know how much i would have to extend it so that it lines up with my mustang crank :confused:

i don't think i would stress over the potential damage if it were only an inch or two.

the main reason i don't want to do a complete swap is b/c i want ported parts. i don't want to buy a full engine, and then swap every part above the block. i know the sc block is much stronger, but i'm also not worried about my mustang block. stock - the block can handle what i plan on doing. i don't run my car hard or ever go to the track.

NCredSC said:
The bottom end of the sc 3.8 is stonger than the n/a 3.8. You can make the top half swap, but there's no telling how long the bottom end will last before it lets go.

the internals on my mustang block will most likely get swapped after i added the m90............4.2 internals.

are there stroker kits for the supercoupe blocks out there?

even so , it wont hold much time , the m90 puts alot of stress on the crank.
and ir youre extending the nose now your putting stress on the blower.

youre creating yourself more problems.

i had a friend witht he same idea for some reason he wanted to keep the mustang engine and swap the blower and stuff only.

3 months later he swapped the whole thing and had the car running in 1 week.

how much should one expect to pay for a complete supercoupe engine from oil pan to air intake?

also, will have to modify the fuel system at all to work with my mustangs system?

Back