m5r2 removal?

89SCNJ

How do i remove the black "line" near the front of the tranny on the drivers side, i was told its a line for the "slave cylinder"? no idea, but we have everything off of the tranny and all bolts are out this is the only thing holding me up....

thanks

89SCNJ said:
How do i remove the black "line" near the front of the tranny on the drivers side, i was told its a line for the "slave cylinder"? no idea, but we have everything off of the tranny and all bolts are out this is the only thing holding me up....

thanks

That little black line is for you slave cylinder for your clutch, there should be a little white sleve on there just slide it torward the tranny till you cant see it anymore then pull out on the line and that should do it.

It's a ford disconnect line, i went down to the local dealership and borrowed a tool that looked like a tie rod end seperator took 10 seconds to get it off.

the dealership near me said they dont have it we are trying to slide it over with a flat head but it wont move any other way to do it?

Try a parts store, youre looking for a quick disconnect tool. You want to get one thats not too wide, the one that i orginally bought would hit on the bellhousing. If they don't have one try a trans shop maybe you convince you to lend them the tool.

Do a search and u'll find the picture, its been posted before. Also, in one of the threads there is a link to where you can buy it online....thats if u cant find it at a good local parts house.

I always have used a really thin straight blade screwdriver. Of course in the course of about 2 weeks I took mine out about 4-6 times. One note that I never ran into on my 94, but did on this 89 parts car. We had to take off the cap off where the fluid go it to get the hose out of the slave cylinder. For some reason there was a good bit of pressure in the system.

i went down to napa and bought the tool, what should i do about the metal sleeve that is around the white nylon bushing i guess it would be? should i slide that back or not cause we slid it back yesterday and it seems that the nylon wont move back but it didnt before we moved it either

yea,i used a flat blad screw driver and kept taping the white sleave down little by little and after about ten taps it poped right off.that is the same damn line that held me up for a few day.

good luck,
BILL

ok trans is out, i tried using a flat head screwdriver and the disconnect tool all they did was tear the nylon and rip it off so i ended up cutting the connection on the inside of the bell housing so now i have to try and get it off the line but atleast the trans is out lol

that first picture just solved all my problems sort of lol, when i put that ford disconnect tool on it tore off that nylon washer, so im guessing i have to get a whole new line well used right?

I believe that line's been discontinued from Ford and haven't heard of any aftermarket availability.

a hydraulic line shop could make something to replace it but I don't think that the connection can be replaced. Which hurts since that fitting is designed to allow you to bleed the master cylinder off the car and provide a high pressure seal when snapped back together.

Quick Connect Fitting Tool

I made a tool from 1/16" piece of sheet metal 3/4 inch wide and four inches long by grinding 3/8 wide slot in one end approx. 3/4"deep. then I bent the forked end at 90 degrees to the other end .

The new tool fits in between the fitting sections and releases the teeth that are holding the black tube in place.

I'll send ya a sketch on how to make your own. Save a few $$$ to spend on something else

alright everyone so i got the line to stay in, the trans is in, but i cant seem to bleed the hydraulic fluid into the line is there a special technique or just keep pressing the clutch?

Napa

I BOUGHT THE DISCONNECT TOOL FROM NAPA A FEW YEARS AGO,,, IT WAS RIGHT AROUND $15 YOU MIGHT NEED TO GET A PIC OF IT TO SHOW THE GUYS AT THE COUNTER, SINCE THEY WILL HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.... IT LOOKS LIKE A TOOL THAT YOU USE TO CHANGE THE GRINDING WHEEL ON A GRINDER,,JUST SMALLER... GOOD LUCK

TIM

Back