100' Drags Coming Up

SK_BlownThunder

I posted a few weeks ago that Cupar International Raceway is going to be hosting another round of 100 footers in August. Well it's a go.

Sunday August 14, 100' Drag Races in Southey, Saskatchewan, Canada. The races are going to be held right on main street, similar to Cupar's. Everyone is welcome and so far there is no limit as to how many cars they can register. At the last 100 footers we had just around 50 cars, which was a good start for a group just starting out in the racing industry. This time we are looking forward to 100+ cars there.

Just a reminder, these races are held as a fundraiser to help fund the new NHRA 1/4 mile track that is under construction between Southey and Cupar and will hopefully officially open summer of next year. CIR's goal is to bring the thrill and excitement of the racing industry to the rural setting of the Canadian prairies, in order to aid and promote the rural economy.

I am still new to the racing industry and with a tight university budget, I am staying restrictive to the good old stock setup and staying in the Saskatchewan area for the time being. I have not yet seen any SC owners racing here in Saskatchewan except for at Saskatoon International Raceway (SIR). Trust me, we need more of YOU.

If you are interested I am posting an email you can reach me at for more info or you can use the Cupar International website: www.racecir.com

I really hope to see some more SCs tearing up some thunder along with myself in Southey in August.

I just raced my all stock SC in Yorkton, SK at the 1/8 mile races. I was probably one of the slowest cars there coming in at a solid 10.798 secs. Making to the second round of cash races was lucky for the guy in the Mustang Cobra jumped the light and pulled me through, otherwise he would of smoked me bad. I think after the 100 footers in Southey coming up this August, the tranny is bound to be coming out this winter!

HOPE TO SEE SOME SCs IN SOUTHEY.

Remember:

Southey, Saskatchewan, Canada (30 miles north of Regina, SK on #6 hwy)
100' Drags hosted by Cupar International Raceway (CIR) www.racecir.com
My email: geiger2b@uregina.ca

Back