One lap of America on TV this weekend!

Ted-L

The lasest Car & Driver has a pic of my Bird and trailer on page 126. Car & Driver TV on TNN will be playing the race this weekend. I don't know how much if any coverage of the bird will be in it but if should be intertaining no matter what. It will be on at 9 or 10 AM sat. and again sun. at the same time. Check your local times to be sure. See you guys at the Nats. Thanks.

Ted

Saw the bird in a couple spots. How was Road Atlanta? Did you stay on the track? Looked like quite a few didn't stay on the track always.

They showed a lot of people at the finish. Saw the bird with trailer pull in, but they didn't show anyone talking to you.

Looks like a hell of a good time.

one lap

We did manage to stay on coarse in Atlanta but it is SPOOKY. Every hill leads to a blind corner. We didn't get that much coverage but then again there were a lot of guys that didn't have any coverage so I can't complain. And yes, it is a blast! It also beats you up pretty bad along the haul but its worth it. There was a lot of stuff they should have included in the broadcast that wasn't included. The guys in the Volvo recieved 5 tickets along the way, the Supra turbo driver was thrown in jail after being clocked at 120+, and Howard LaFever broke his old record of how many strip clubs he could hit along the way. The Team Saturn guys smoked the pistons at Road Atlanta, were towed to a local Saturn dealer where they took the pistons out of the cut-away motor on the showroom floor and made it in time for the next race. They really should have made it a 2 hour show.

Ted

Some industrious film students should tag along the next time it is done and document what goes on.

It looks like it was a lot of fun!

I was happy to see your car/trailer was also shown in the recent Car & Driver magazine. I was paging through it and I said, " Hey, I know that car!!"
Very Cool Ted!

Back