Help!! Tranny Probelms ?????????

JDavidson

I have a 94 SC Automatic with 49,800 Miles

I was driving home and everything was running fine... Until I slowed down then everything went to hell from there!
Now I can drive at idle speed and its fine, then I hit the gas and thats where it starts "chugging" and a slight grind/whinning and it shifts hard. I checked the trans fluid and its good (the color is still a nice pink color) and it is full. Reverse seems fine, I even tried it in 1 and 2, and it still does the same. I am in no way an expert, but it sounds like something is wrong with the transmission, or something with the driveline. Any advice?? What could it be, and how can I check? If I have to rebuild the transmission, how much labor is involved if I supplied the parts?

Thanks for the help!

Jason

if you pulled the trans and sent it to me, plus paid for the parts, 500 for a complete rebuild including valve body and final dyno run to make sure everything is fine and dandy.

that description could be anything. it could be anything from the torque converter to the planetary gear sets.

lemme know

aaron

Just an idea.....I had a similar situation a couple of months back. I was driving home from work, out of nowhere the car started bucking and missing, no power under acceleration, running smooth at speed under "idle condition" (off the gas while coasting downhill). I thought the tranny was the issue. Turns out it was a sparkplug wire on the driver's side. The wire got too close to the exhaust manifold and burned a small hole in it causing it to arc under load.

I tend to think the worst when my bird is acting up....generally, it turns out to be something basic. I have to remind myself to check the simple stuff first.........

on my wifes car it made those same signs it was a lock up converter gone bad

so take to a trans shop and have them check it out

Back