Fuel pump questions...

blksn8k

Dumb question. I'm looking at MN12 Performance website and their FPK's. I quote:

MN12 Performance Inc. in-tank electric fuel pumps are rated at 190lph (35gph@ 54psi), 255lph (50gph@ 58psi) and 255lph (HP)(48gph@ 67psi). The 190 lph pump kit is an excellent replacement for stock engines and engines with bolt-on parts. The 255 lph pump kit is excellent for supercharged cars. The 255 High Pressure pump is rated for higher fuel pressure applications.

Which kit should I use on a stock SC? Is the 190lph pump only good for normally aspirated cars? When they say "The 255 lph pump kit is excellent for supercharged cars." does that mean I would need this pump for a stock SC?

My original pump is getting a little loud and I figured this is a good time to upgrade.

190 lph fuel pump is fine for stock or slightly modded SC, I ran one for a long time. If you plan to plan to extensively mod your car with cam and ported heads etc I would go with 255lph. If you're a racer with over 300 rwhp go with the 255lph HP.

Back