PDA

View Full Version : Steel braided brake lines!!!!!!!

L/F 93 man
08-01-2005, 02:08 PM
yes its true, I have found a place that will custom make stainless steel braided brake lines. It is a hydraulic company out of Naples Florida called B&B hydraulics.
They have my lines right now. They had to order a couple of fittings that will be in tomorrow. It only takes them an hour to make them. They are certified to make brake components.

There is a couple of drawbacks to this. They need the lines off of your cars because they have to reuse a part of the lines. They charged me $175 to make them. I will talk to them tomorrow to see if we can do it a little cheaper in bulk.

I will have more information and some pics of the finished product tomorrow. I am excited to see the finished product myself.

I will see how much interest people have in this and see what I can work out with the hydraulic company. Post here if you are interested.

Billy Hriskonich

BT Motorsports
08-01-2005, 02:46 PM
yes its true, I have found a place that will custom make stainless steel braided brake lines. It is a hydraulic company out of Naples Florida called B&B hydraulics.
They have my lines right now. They had to order a couple of fittings that will be in tomorrow. It only takes them an hour to make them. They are certified to make brake components.

There is a couple of drawbacks to this. They need the lines off of your cars because they have to reuse a part of the lines. They charged me $175 to make them. I will talk to them tomorrow to see if we can do it a little cheaper in bulk.

I will have more information and some pics of the finished product tomorrow. I am excited to see the finished product myself.

I will see how much interest people have in this and see what I can work out with the hydraulic company. Post here if you are interested.

Billy Hriskonich
There are a few companies that already make braided brake lines for our cars and do not need any core parts. Might want to check with http://www.paragonperformance.com/

Paul

XR7 Dave
08-01-2005, 03:23 PM
There are a few companies that already make braided brake lines for our cars and do not need any core parts. Might want to check with http://www.paragonperformance.com/

Paul

I don't see our cars listed there. :confused:

BT Motorsports
08-01-2005, 03:25 PM
I don't see our cars listed there. :confused:
Probably because they aren't, however, that doesn't change the fact that DLF ordered his from there and is quite satisfied with them from what he has said.

Paul

L/F 93 man
08-01-2005, 04:58 PM
I have looked everwhere for lines but could not find anything. I am just trying to help people out.

BT Motorsports
08-01-2005, 07:15 PM
I have looked everwhere for lines but could not find anything. I am just trying to help people out.
I'm not knocking your efforts, just sharing information which your searches did not find. Most people cannot put their car down to supply core parts also.

Paul

L/F 93 man
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
I'm not knocking your efforts, just sharing information which your searches did not find. Most people cannot put their car down to supply core parts also.

Paul
Yeah i know. but for the people who can i think it could help out a little. i know i looked for them for like 6 months and could not find anyone who knew where i could get a set. so for the people who have the means to put there car down i would like to help them out.

my sc is mainly used for racing autocross and i know this upgrade is going to be of value. if i would have known that company did the lines without core i deffinently would have purchased them there. so thanks for the input and i wish i would have known about that place earlier. maybe you should contact them about putting something on there site about the lines for our cars. they probably would sell pretty good.

L/F 93 man
08-02-2005, 09:24 PM
there is nobody interested.

joenintiesc
08-03-2005, 11:39 AM
This always seems to come up every few months and many folks seem interested, then the deal falls through or is never followed up on. This is something I'd be interested in, but not until next year. If these ss brake lines are readily available elsewhere, it's too bad nobody posted that info along the way! :confused:

Anyway, give it some more time, but if these can really be had cheaper at another source without needing to send your existing lines in, I guess most people would take that route. But considering you didn't know that, and you actually have a real deal in place with specifics, as opposed to all the other leads which went nowhere, I say job well done Billy! :D

L/F 93 man
08-03-2005, 12:50 PM
This always seems to come up every few months and many folks seem interested, then the deal falls through or is never followed up on. This is something I'd be interested in, but not until next year. If these ss brake lines are readily available elsewhere, it's too bad nobody posted that info along the way! :confused:

Anyway, give it some more time, but if these can really be had cheaper at another source without needing to send your existing lines in, I guess most people would take that route. But considering you didn't know that, and you actually have a real deal in place with specifics, as opposed to all the other leads which went nowhere, I say job well done Billy! :D
thanks man. i justt got back from the hydraulic shop and pics will be posted soon.

BT Motorsports
08-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Billy, can you let us know specifically which piece they required for a core?

Paul

L/F 93 man
08-03-2005, 01:22 PM
Billy, can you let us know specifically which piece they required for a core?

Paul
yeah it is the brackets and the metal pipes with the block on the end. pics are coming.

L/F 93 man
08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
here are the pics.

XR7 Dave
08-03-2005, 01:29 PM
When you get lines from most places you just get lines with the fittings on the end which replaces the section of hard line. Not saying there is anything wrong with the hard lines because there isn't, but I am quite sure if you bought from Paragon or another company like that you'd be getting just braided lines with fittings on either end.

I'm assuming you have not installed them yet, but with all those specific brackets and hard line it would seem that it would be crucial that the lines are cocked correctly or they may not go on. I also assume that is something that they took into account when they made them.

The look like really good work from what I can see.

L/F 93 man
08-03-2005, 01:35 PM
yes they are cocked correctly. he said he made sure they were.

L/F 93 man
08-03-2005, 08:07 PM
I have finished the install. they fit perfectly. the only thing i had to do was modify the pbr calipers to fit the lines on.
Cant wait to get my new radiator to test the braking.

BT Motorsports
08-03-2005, 11:11 PM
Glad they worked out for you. What kind of warranty do they have?

Paul

L/F 93 man
08-05-2005, 03:51 PM
Glad they worked out for you. What kind of warranty do they have?

Paul
I am not sure of the warranty but i know they are DOT approved. The lines had to go through a wip and pressure test.