Debating Nitrous...HMMMM

LightEMup

So far ive got an SCP cold air intake, b&m shifter, 255lph fuel pump, manifold back exhaust, 2.25 3 2.25 high flow cats resenator no mufflers, and i have a double IC coming along with an intercooler mister.....i was thinkin about putting a small shot of NOS on my car, somewhere between 35 and 50. I know i'm gonna have to up the injectors to probably 42# so i don't lean out. Can anyone gimi some pointers? what kit to use...dry shot wet shot how big a shot ect.....just lookin for oppinions, i don't think i'd use it very much, only when i went to the track or if i got some cocky civic next to me that needs to be beaten by 12 car lengths instead of 8 haha, let me know whatchyall think! thanks!

oh yeah, forgot to menchen about my 94/95 supercharger, and also my engine has just shy of 6000 miles on it, i just rebuilt it....so i think it would be a good canidate to NOS :) ive been doin my homework and i'm gettin all excited n whatnot! lol

Get the Zex dry kit. I have it and it was very easy to install and overall a nice simple kit. Make sure to get a bottle heater also, once the bottle pressure drops below 900psi you don't get the full shot. I use a 55shot but the kit also comes with a 65 and 75 shot. The 55 shot doesnt require any timing retard, the 65 needs 2 deg. retard and 75 needs 4 deg. retard. The 55 shot took .5 off my e.t. and put me over 400 rwtq, this was with my a/f rediculously rich (like 10.0). My car had most the bolt-ons and the right fuel upgrades. I would also make sure to get a tune with it and use a switch chip from Dalke. This way you can have a regular tune, then flip the switch and turn on the juice and have a nitrous tune.

super red91 said:
Get the Zex dry kit. I have it and it was very easy to install and overall a nice simple kit. Make sure to get a bottle heater also, once the bottle pressure drops below 900psi you don't get the full shot. I use a 55shot but the kit also comes with a 65 and 75 shot. The 55 shot doesnt require any timing retard, the 65 needs 2 deg. retard and 75 needs 4 deg. retard. The 55 shot took .5 off my e.t. and put me over 400 rwtq, this was with my a/f rediculously rich (like 10.0). My car had most the bolt-ons and the right fuel upgrades. I would also make sure to get a tune with it and use a switch chip from Dalke. This way you can have a regular tune, then flip the switch and turn on the juice and have a nitrous tune.
hmm, good idea about the chip. Where would i get my SC tuned? Also i think i'm gonna get that kill switch where u can set it to spray between 2 designated RPM ranges, and those LED purge kits look pretty cool. :-D thanks for the info, and how could i get a hold of a dual program chip with a switch?

Contact XR7 Dave for info on a chip and tuning. The zex kit hooks into your tps, so when your tps reaches a certain voltage that you program the nitrous sprays. This is usually set at WOT, once the zex unit sees your at WOT it sprays. Also you dont really need a purge kit unless your running a higher shot like something around 100, unless you want the looks.

super red91 said:
Contact XR7 Dave for info on a chip and tuning. The zex kit hooks into your tps, so when your tps reaches a certain voltage that you program the nitrous sprays. This is usually set at WOT, once the zex unit sees your at WOT it sprays. Also you dont really need a purge kit unless your running a higher shot like something around 100, unless you want the looks.
i was thinkin more along the lines for looks for the purge kit. I was lookin at the NOS kit for a 5.0 mustang, 500 bux i think, i'll take a look at the ZEX kit though. thanks for your help! and i'll talk to dave about the chip

hmmm, this kit says for naturally asperated cars....nothing about forced induction cars....the other one had that thing where u could set 2 designated rpm levels for the nitrous to come on and shut off at and it was for ford's DIS system.....should i go with the NOS system or the ZEX? if ZEX which one?

LightEMup said:
hmmm, this kit says for naturally asperated cars....nothing about forced induction cars....the other one had that thing where u could set 2 designated rpm levels for the nitrous to come on and shut off at and it was for ford's DIS system.....should i go with the NOS system or the ZEX? if ZEX which one?

The folks at NOS will tell you not to run the 5.0 dry kit, as the fuel pressure is already close to the edge....

I have the 5.0 dry kit, and swapped it to a wet setup, but have not had the opportunity to run it....

The NOS dry kit "leans on" the FPR so that it feeds the injectors more.

In our cars, the FPR is already being "leaned on" during boost, so it may not
be the safest method.

I don't know about the ZEX kit, I do know that Fast92SC certainly uses it with great sucess...

Either way, start with a small shot and work up...

The zex unit also increases the fuel pressure by making the FPR give more fuel. I dont think there is any problem with this, the zex unit was actually giving my car more fuel than it needed, this is also why you need to tune to maximize your hp from the kit.

Are you using an overdrive pulley? I would rather do that then the goofy gas, also you could really be different, and overdrive the **** out of your blower but add methynal injection or something like that.

It's been a while since I've read up on SC's, and I don't even know if all of that is possible, but 15% overdrive plus a little bit of methynal would rock I bet.

Overdriving the blower more than 10% just makes alot of heat and doesnt do much for hp. Nitrous works very well since it not only adds hp from the juice but also from cooling the air charge.

1FASTSC said:
Are you using an overdrive pulley? I would rather do that then the goofy gas, also you could really be different, and overdrive the **** out of your blower but add methynal injection or something like that.

It's been a while since I've read up on SC's, and I don't even know if all of that is possible, but 15% overdrive plus a little bit of methynal would rock I bet.
mmm...rather not put air that's the temperature of magma into my engine, i think i'll go with goofy gas

oh hey also, if i get this ZEX kit, i like the look of the NOS duel LED purge kit, just for looks :) says fits any kit with AN4 feet line or somthin like that, could i buy that and hook it to the zex kit? that would be sick!

super red91 said:
Yes you can
ohhhh maaaaaan. This is gonna be sick :) does ZEX offer one of those things that u can designate 2 set RPMs for the nitrous to be engaged and disengaged at? like if i wanted it to come on at 2800 then shut off at 4800 and not spray any lower or any higher. NOS offers that, could i get that thru ZEX???

1FASTSC said:

I agree, you guys need to look over Dalke's thread on the snow kit! One guy made some good power without and IC!!! (this was while waiting on a custom IC)

I've already got the NOS wet kit but I'm about outta funds and the machine shop bill is due soon... So no snow kit for me anytime soon....

But the water/alky/ww injection seems alot more economical for "full time" power. Yes it has to be refilled, but is chaeper and last longer than the giggle gas. The N20 is better suited for track only use.

However, I plan to have both at some point.

Zex also offers a rapid fire purge which sounds like a machine gun when you purge. It's also LED illuminated. There is a video on their website

1FASTSC said:
Meth injection will cool the charge air considerably.

This is correct, check out the water/alky injection posts form the last month or so.

Search for "snow" and "xr 7dave," errbody should read this!

Back