94-95sc rebuilt tranny heavy duty

x182dan

Its rebuilt around 3k miles ago. All art carr rebuild kit with heavy duty clutches and whatnot. Professionally rebuilt, it also has j-mod(shift kit) and 2,500 stall convertor. I will also include the wiring for the tranny and anything else related to the tranny you may want. It is located in CT, buyer will pay all shipping costs. It cost me over $1,200 for all the work and parts. Best offer, I have all receipts for work

Tranny

x182dan said:
Its rebuilt around 3k miles ago. All art carr rebuild kit with heavy duty clutches and whatnot. Professionally rebuilt, it also has j-mod(shift kit) and 2,500 stall convertor. I will also include the wiring for the tranny and anything else related to the tranny you may want. It is located in CT, buyer will pay all shipping costs. It cost me over $1,200 for all the work and parts. Best offer, I have all receipts for work
Why are you selling it?

Chambers said:
Why are you selling it?

I am putting a 5.0 in there so I'm doing a 5spd swap because its to much of a headache to deal with the wiring on the auto so I'm just doing a M5R2 swap.

Last edited:
Trannie

x182dan said:

I'm in Ct. May be interested. can you provide an exact parts list used for the rebuild? Theres a lot of stuff to up-grade in this trans.

Thanks,

Bill

I bought the rebuild kit from supercoupeperformance heres the info on it from scp:
4R70W Heavy Duty Rebuild Kit
Now you can purchase the same components as the top racing transmission builders use. The Art Carr HD Rebuild Kits include hi performance clutches, additional frictions where applicable, all seals, gaskets, OEM type lip seals, and filter. These kits are designed to ensure that you get the maximum performance out of your rebuild.

The 4R70W kit includes: 3 intermediate friction B/W, 3 intermediate steel, 9 forward/reverse friction B/W, 5 forward steel, 3 reverse steel, 1 direct clutch powerpack, 1 bearing kit, and 1 thrust washer kit. Note that this kit does not include an overdrive band. The 2.0" overdrive band for the 4R70W is available separately.

The tranny guy also replaced all of the solenoids and whatever didn't come in the kit

you still got that tranny?? I woke up this morning thinking about it. Email me weikertman@yahoo.com. Last month I asked you for a shipping quote to zip 52761 and you never got it for me, and I also asked you for a price and you didn't give me one of those either. If you are serious about selling the trans email me.

Is the tranny ready to be dropped and driven or is there something that it needs do be done to work?

350rwhp

Will it handle 350 rwhp? And can you explain to me about the 2" O/D overdrive band? Is that the upgrade for these trans or not? I had mine rebuilt a year and a half ago and I thought it had a 2 and a half inch band upgrade in it.thanks, Ivan

Back