intermintent problem

tommygun

I have a 93 SC with almost 200k miles on it

I replaced the contorl modlue ( 12B579 is the part basic ) that controlls the fan and other various items. I was having an issue with the fan not coming on or just randomly shutting off. Now this was almost 2 weeks ago and not one problem till yesterday. I can be driving along and all of a sudden the car loses power, check engine light comes on, and acts like the car has a dead cylinder. It keeps running but will hardly idle (idle is very rough and smells of fuel) but then it will stop and the car runs fine. I drove it almost 50 miles after the 1st incident and now its done it agian 3 times, most of the time it goes away. I can shut the car off and its still there. Is there soem sensor that could do this? I havent taken it to get a code reader hooked up yet.

thanks
Tommy

im thinking fuel pump if it does it after its good and warm about 30 miles , but i would check codes first , when my fuel pump went it smelled real rich

rlong said:
im thinking fuel pump if it does it after its good and warm about 30 miles , but i would check codes first , when my fuel pump went it smelled real rich

it will do it 5 miles down the road

well Im off to check codes, hope they lead me in the right direction

Back