2005 Shootout ***caravan thru St Louis***

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
Tenative Schedule from St Louis:

5:45 AM -- Meet at McDonald's at Hwy 141 and I-44
6:15 AM at the latest -- Depart for Joplin, MO lunch break
8:30 - 9:00 AM -- stop for fuel (sorry guys, I know I can't make it all the way to Joplin on one tank)
10:45 AM -- after 270 miles, arrive in Joplin for lunch
11:15 - 11:30 AM -- Depart for the dyno in OKC
3:30 PM -- after 225 mile drive

Bring change for the turnpike!
Bring any 2-way radios that you have.
If you have a small bladder, bring a bottle!

I know it's still early, but I wanted to throw this out here while I'm thinking about it.

The plan is to leave St Louis early on Friday morning, Oct.7 to head to Norman, OK. The distance to Norman is 511 miles. Obviously, if people need to dyno on Friday (reservation only), leaving on Friday morning might be difficult.

Since racing is scheduled to end at 5:00 PM Sunday night, I figured I'd wait until Monday morning to head back to St Louis.

Anyway, I'm trying to get an idea who might be heading through St Louis and when. I know of several people that are already planning on this, but I'll let them chime in.

Last edited:
Kurt K said:
I know it's still early, but I wanted to throw this out here while I'm thinking about it.

The plan is to leave St Louis early on Friday morning, Oct.7 to head to Norman, OK. The distance to Norman is 511 miles. Obviously, if people need to dyno on Friday (reservation only), leaving on Friday morning might be difficult.

Since racing is scheduled to end at 5:00 PM Sunday night, I figured I'd wait until Monday morning to head back to St Louis.

Anyway, I'm trying to get an idea who might be heading through St Louis and when. I know of several people that are already planning on this, but I'll let them chime in.
Kurt,
I know myself and Dave Ward are coming down. I hope to leave PA by 3:00 am thursday to make to your house by 5 or 6 pm. 13+ hours and 900 miles. Can't wait. I hope to pick some ours up along the way....HINT HINT.
Thanks
Ken

I'll be going down early. Possibly as early as Wednesday. Some people want tuning and I will have to be there to do it (and not frazzled from the 18hr drive). :)

XR7 Dave said:
I'll be going down early. Possibly as early as Wednesday. Some people want tuning and I will have to be there to do it (and not frazzled from the 18hr drive). :)
I figured there would be some early arrivals, which is why I'm starting this thread so early. I'm sure there can be some accomodations for the early people too.

Sounds good, Kurt. We're hoping to figure out a spot along the way to St. Louis, where I can hook up with Ken and Dave.

Has anyone booked hotel rooms yet? I'd be looking to split a room, if someone is by themself.

cheers
Ed N.

fast Ed said:
Sounds good, Kurt. We're hoping to figure out a spot along the way to St. Louis, where I can hook up with Ken and Dave.

Has anyone booked hotel rooms yet? I'd be looking to split a room, if someone is by themself.

cheers
Ed N.
Ed,
I believe we will be on rt 70 and rt470 heading thru OH, IN , and IL. Do you know how your and coming from Canada?

Btw......Bring plenty of MOLSON

Later
Ken

Hey Ken

Looking on Mapquest, I think I could be meeting up with you guys around Columbus, OH. I-71 coming southwest meets up with I-70 there.

cheers
Ed N.

I'm coming from CT but I think I'll be running a day ahead of you. Two days each way on the road yeeehaaaaa.

SCrazy said:
I'm coming from CT but I think I'll be running a day ahead of you. Two days each way on the road yeeehaaaaa.
Brian, Ed and Ken are both breaking the trip into 2 days too. They are planning on stopping in St Louis on Thursday night.

hey kurt,
i will probably be traveling by myself since dave is going down early, so i would definately want to hook up with you guys. i will be leaving here thurs morning after the kids go to school....
~c

Ken Seegers said:
connie,
does this mean both the cougar and swb will be there. I am hoping to be in columbus by 9-10 am.
later
ken
I am hoping, who knows though. I will be driving through that area probably around 11 am.

~c

Cat Girl said:
hey kurt,
i will probably be traveling by myself since dave is going down early, so i would definately want to hook up with you guys. i will be leaving here thurs morning after the kids go to school....
~c
No problem Connie, we should have plenty of room.

Kurt K said:
Brian, Ed and Ken are both breaking the trip into 2 days too. They are planning on stopping in St Louis on Thursday night.

I was gonna travel Wednesday/Thursday but if there is a group driving on Friday maybe I'll hold off a day and join up.

Any idea on what people are doing for hotels Thursday night?

SCrazy said:
I was gonna travel Wednesday/Thursday but if there is a group driving on Friday maybe I'll hold off a day and join up.

Any idea on what people are doing for hotels Thursday night?
I staying at hotel Kreisz for thursday night.

People are also welcome to stay over at my house on the way to and from OKC. Kurt and I live about 30 miles apart and I am also planning to drive down to OKC Friday morning and return on Monday morning.

David

David Neibert said:
People are also welcome to stay over at my house on the way to and from OKC. Kurt and I live about 30 miles apart and I am also planning to drive down to OKC Friday morning and return on Monday morning.

David
I figured you'd see this post and chime in. I just didn't want to invite people to your house without you knowing :rolleyes:

kurt or david,

Im going to need a place to rest my head on thurs night. ill be leaving here after work on thursday ~4-5hr ride puts me down there at like 9-10pm, if that works let me know who has room and ill get in touch with ya. also need room for truck and trailer.

Back