95 ABS Help Please

Scour_king

I got my ABS and Traction Light coming on. I had replaced the entire front end on my car and had damaged the left front abs wheel sensor. I got a replacement motorcraft part and put it on before I started the car. The car was parked for a month before I got around to fixing the initial ball joint problem. I had no brake problems at all before this. After rebuild at first the lights where on and no difference in braking. Now after a month I would say I have a bad master cylinder If I didnt have ABS to worry about. I didnt get any air in the lines I never cracked the bleeders. I did use a C Clamp on the front calipers to move them in slightly but no more then maybe a 1/4 inch. I get in the car now and start it and my brakes are mushy. I pump 2 or 3 times and they firm up but on use I can feel them going closer to the floor. The car is also haveing noticeable stopping trouble. I also am getting a funny noise from them now like the wear indicators are starting to rub but the pads are new there are only like 2000 miles wear maybe. When I did change them I never opened the line either I just C Clamped. I never had any trouble till I rebuilt the front suspinsion and as stated before I get an ABS Light (AMBER) and the Traction Control is out But the regular Brake light (RED) never comes on. Question 2 is can I junk this damn ABS and convert to convential brakes on the 95 and if so do I use the 93 Vicky Master with the 89 N/A Booster as I have seen done in other posts. I wont be heart broken to loose the Traction Assist as I am going to go into the rear end and suspision and gears next and I find it nothing more then a gimic to get you back to the dealer for another rear brake job anyway. Thanks in advance for any help any of you can lend. Please dont be offended if I dont get back to you with a turn out for a few days I travel alot at work (trucker).

Last edited:
Yep

I converted mine out while I pulled my engine... Pitched the abortion unit and put a conventional set of brakes on... I really like them and it cost me around 80 bucks to do it. Took some time and cussing but you can search on hear for posts about it and get an idea of what needs to be done. The booster needs a hole drilled to fit but other than that it just takes time...

Back