Pinks

JOHN ROBERT

Anyone have any thoughts on this show ' Pinks' ? I couldn't do it, racing for titles. But I have this vision of someone taking their SC to the track and intentionally losing after two or three days of frustration trying to solve another inherent SC problem. :)

I love it how the dumb host flaps his arms to start off each race then goes into NEGOTIATIONS (group chats). The first race with the Slomaro and Firechicken, rumor has it the guy sold the car back for 50$, so the winner was the loser :rolleyes:

I've watched the show but it's annoying how they put such unequal cars against one another heads up. None of them have really been true rivals it seems. The sandbagging is ridiculous it just annoys me.

The loser last night got his car back. I just don't think someone that pours his heart and sole into a car not to mention the $$$$ would be willing to take the risk. Or maybe these guys are old fashion riverboat gamblers.

Actually, One of the shop owners here in Orlando that i know was on that show and "lost" his Nova, sure enough then next time I saw him at the shop he had his Nova. It's just a scripted race show. :rolleyes:

Gregthespy said:
Actually, One of the shop owners here in Orlando that i know was on that show and "lost" his Nova, sure enough then next time I saw him at the shop he had his Nova. It's just a scripted race show. :rolleyes:

I think they're all scripted. That and Boyd Coddington's show. How someone can manage a shop with that much ******** going on is beyond me. Plus, he's nothing more than a ratings whore, no matter how good of work he produces.

Real reality is boring as hell, so we get this mess?

Do'nt know about that show but around here the real thing happens and has for many years. You dont go to that race and talk crap thats for sure!
Only seen 1 guy try to renig on his bet and just drive off after being beat,
needless to say he did'nt get away and got to walk home. All 12 miles of it!

Reality shows are the new sitcoms. :p

The only actually close race I have ever seen was between two bikes.. But I don't watch the show much.

I watched it once for a few minutes and turned it off. This show is BORING. You sit there listening to the two side bicker for the majority of the show. And during that half hour you're on that channel you see maybe 2 min of actual racing.
Yeah really worth my time. :rolleyes:

yeah i agree....really gay show, they give each other like a 7 second head start, its so rediculous, i'd love it if it was a real tight race, but it's just stupid how they're not even close....heh...kinda like when i raced my friends supercharged LS1 Camaro that's on spray haha, what a joke

JStudrawa said:
I think they're all scripted. That and Boyd Coddington's show. How someone can manage a shop with that much ******** going on is beyond me. Plus, he's nothing more than a ratings whore, no matter how good of work he produces.

I agree with you, you cant run a sucessful business with that much b/s going on theres no way. But personally if i was going to have anyone redo my car, it would definatly be Chip Foose, i like the work he does well actually, the work he designs, he has made some pretty badas$ cars IMO.

LightEMup said:
yeah i agree....really gay show, they give each other like a 7 second head start, its so rediculous, i'd love it if it was a real tight race, but it's just stupid how they're not even close....heh...kinda like when i raced my friends supercharged LS1 Camaro that's on spray haha, what a joke

How is it gay. That's how it works on the streets. You want to see a tight race, but it's gay to give 7 cars to a slower car. That would make the race even more embarassing. What you have on the show are two guys with fast cars that are confident they can each win. Then when they show up...one guy recognizes that he is clearly outclassed and will either (a) lose his car very quickly or (b) they can negotiate for tighter racing.

I love the show....especially the latest one with the Monte vs. Camaro. The Monte clearly had him every which way but loose. In the end, the Monte broke. THAT is something you have to figure into your game plan.

Micah

Yeah I like it because it is entertaining. I have also heard some of the guys will sell the cars back for cheap, but thats just good sportsmanship. Me I'd either keep it, or say "what's it worth to ya?" and let the negotiations begin.

I love the show, I wish people wouldn't have told me that it's scripted though =p

I'd love to see like a beefy Supra VS. an NSX or something like that.

JStudrawa said:

I hate how Boyd will come in and the guys have done something to the car and he acts like he is clueless and says, "Why did you do it that way? I don't like it. cut it out and redo it." He owns the business and he doesn't even know what's going on? Yeah right. Also how can you run a business where every project is always behind schedule and people have to work overtime and all weekend?

Mike Donley

Back