rim painting

trife86

hey guys my rims are fading a bit on my 89. i want to get them redone anyone know anything about it, do i want it powdercoated or what? a average price

trife86 said:
hey guys my rims are fading a bit on my 89. i want to get them redone anyone know anything about it, do i want it powdercoated or what? a average price

Just do what this guy did..... http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35088&highlight=rims The finished product looks awesome as you can see but it takes alot of manual labor. I know a guy who did some of the rims that were on the 98 chevy Z-71s, the same ones i have on my truck and they look awesome, i think he said he used airplane stripper or something like that on the actual rim and regular stripper on the center cap, then used a obital sander to do the rest. I was going to do the ones on my XR7 but the center caps are plastic and dont polish up.

someone had a line on some metal center caps with the bird and all i think, it was about 49.99 us per center cap i believe, i am also planning on doin the same

SCMakeiv said:
someone had a line on some metal center caps with the bird and all i think, it was about 49.99 us per center cap i believe, i am also planning on doin the same

Wouldnt be that bad it if had the cougar emblem in the middle instead of the t bird, im kinda picky about stuff matching what ever i have on my car/truck matches, if it dont match, i dont want it.

I just had a set of aluminum wheels powder coated for just under $200. That included media blasting prior to coating. Just make sure you have them cleared once coated.

I dont know if you have a place like it in New York. But there is a place called Ye Ole Wheel shop in Maryland. They refinish factory aluminum wheels for $80 a piece. Dont know what the polish would cost. Just an FYI

Back